When you have an employment change, reach out to your institution benefits contact as soon as possible to find out if/how your benefits will be affected. Most benefit plans have a limited timeframe for when changes can be made (for example: 30 days from the date of the change).
Submit completed applications to your institution benefits contact.
For more information, click on the applicable employment change event below.
- Change from Faculty, Academic Staff or Limited to University Staff
- Change from University Staff to Faculty, Academic Staff, or Limited
- Change in Appointment Percentage
- Leave of Absence
- Moving to WRS Covered Employment
- Rehired Annuitant
- Temporary Work Reduction
- Transfer to a Different UW System Institution
- Transfer to a State Agency
- WRS Temporary to WRS Non-Temporary
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.