Most people will spend up to one-third of their life in retirement so it is important to prepare and save money now in order to support yourself during your golden years. Experts estimate that you will need at least 70% of your pre-retirement income to maintain the same standard of living once you stop working. Several programs are available through your UW System employment to help you meet your financial needs in retirement.
Are you an employee looking to retire? Refer to Life Events for specific information on benefits at retirement.
UW System employees have several options to save money for retirement:
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) is a source of retirement income and also provides disability, separation, and survivor benefits.
- Supplemental Retirement Savings Plans
- Sick Leave Credit Conversion Program
- Social Security & Medicare
Eligibility varies by plan. See the plan page for more details.
Forms & Resources
- Beneficiary Information web page
- Retirement Toolkit (U.S. Department of Labor)
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.