Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance offers insurance in the case of an accidental death or dismemberment for you, your spouse or domestic partner, and eligible children. You may select coverage levels that range from $25,000 to $500,000.
In addition to benefits payable in the event of accidental death or dismemberment, this plan provides the following components:
- Zurich Travel Assist – Travel assistant program that provides benefits when you travel at least 100 miles from your home. Additional information on this program, including the Zurich Travel Card, can be accessed in the Forms & Resources section below.
- CyberScout LifeStages Identity Management Services – Identity theft education and personalized resolution resources. Additional information on this program can be accessed in the Forms & Resources section below.
- Benefits to care for surviving family members including benefits to pay for daycare expenses, higher education benefits, and retraining benefits.
- Benefits for covered injuries including home alteration and vehicle modification benefits, hearing aid benefit, and therapeutic counseling benefits.
- Additional benefits paid in certain situations such as carjacking, coma, and natural disaster benefits.
- If an accidental death claim is paid due to your death, family coverage continues premium-free for one year after death.
- Continuation of group policy coverage at retirement.
- Conversion of coverage to an individual policy at the end of employment.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance plan (Group Policy #GTU 8364005) is administered by University of Wisconsin System Administration and Hausmann-Johnson Insurance and underwritten by Zurich American Insurance Company.
See the Fact Sheet in the Forms & Resources section below for a summary of benefits under this plan.
The following requirements must be met to be eligible for this plan:
- Eligible for State Group Health Insurance as an active employee.
Note: If you and your spouse/domestic partner are both eligible for this plan as UW System employees, you and your spouse/domestic partner may only be covered as an employee OR a dependent – not both. This rule also applies to your eligible children who are also eligible for this plan as an employee.
You may enroll, change or cancel your coverage at any time. If you enroll during your initial 30-day enrollment period, your coverage will begin on the first of the month following 30 days from your eligibility date. If you enroll outside of your initial enrollment period, coverage will begin on the first of the month on or following receipt of your application.
You may select coverage levels that range from $25,000 to $500,000. Single or family coverage can be elected.
For detailed information on who you can cover on this plan, see the .
You are encouraged to designate a beneficiary(ies) to ensure benefits are paid according to your wishes. Whenever a life event, such as a marriage, divorce, or birth of a child, occurs, review and update your beneficiary designations. Beneficiary designations can be changed at any time.
For more information on beneficiary designations, see the Beneficiary Information page.
For Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance premiums review the Benefits Premiums web page.
Forms & Resources
- Policy number is GTU8364005) (
- Continuation and Conversion Forms – Contact UW-Shared Services, Service Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 298-0141 (7:45-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday) to obtain a continuation or conversion form.
- Terms and Conditions
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.