The UW System offers eligible employees the opportunity to pay certain parking and transit expenses with tax-free dollars through the Parking & Transit Accounts. These accounts are administered by TASC.
Covers work-related parking expenses such as parking ramps, park and ride.
Note: This is not an account that pays for your parking on a University parking lot. If you pay for University parking through payroll deduction, your parking costs are not eligible to be reimbursed by this Parking Account.
Covers work-related commuting expenses such as public transit passes to and from work (bus, trains subway) and commuter highway vehicles (vanpools).
Additional information on these accounts can be accessed in the Forms & Resources section below.
All employees, including rehired annuitants, are eligible for to enroll in the Parking and/or Transit accounts, except:
- Student Hourly employees
- Student Assistant with one of the following titles: Fellows, Scholars, Trainees
- Employee-in-Training with one of the following titles: Grad Intern/Trainee, Post-Doc Fellow/Trainee
For 2018, the IRS-mandated limit for pre-tax contributions are:
- Parking Account: $255 per month.
- Transit Account: $130 per month for State and $255 for Federal.
Any amounts remaining in your account at the end of the plan year will carry over to the following plan year as long as you remain eligible.
You may enroll, change or cancel your coverage at any time for the Parking and/or Transit Accounts. If you enroll during your initial 30-day enrollment period, your coverage will begin on the first of the month on or following your eligibility date. If you enroll outside of your initial enrollment period, coverage will begin on the first of the month on or following receipt of your application.
To enroll in either account, submit a completed Parking & Transit Enrollment Form to your human resources office.
To change or cancel your coverage, submit a completed Change of Election Form to your human resources office.
Forms can be accessed in the Forms & Resources section below.
If you pay for your expenses out-of-pocket instead of using your TASC card, there are several methods by which you may submit your claims for reimbursement.
Electronic Claims Submission
- The TASC Mobile App lets you access your account information wherever you are, 24/7/365. To download, visit the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace and search for “eflex Benefits”.
- TASC Online Portal
- On the “Home” tab, click on “I want to File a Claim”
Paper Claims Submission
- Complete the FSA Reimbursement Claim Form and submit it with substantiation to:
- Mail: TASC, PO Box 7511, Madison, WI 53707-7511
- Fax: (877) 231-1287
- The FSA Reimbursement Claim Form can be accessed in the Forms & Resources section below.
Forms & Resources
last updated: 12/12/2017
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. This page does not guarantee enrollment or the ability to make changes to your benefits.