If you move from a University Staff position to a Faculty, Academic Staff or Limited appointment, your benefits and leave accruals will change. Review thefor details about all benefits and leave available to you.
Faculty, Academic Staff or Limited appointee are:
- Paid every other Thursday for the prior two week period. Review the Pay Schedule for more information.
- Credited WRS contributions and service on a fiscal year basis.
- Accumulate leave benefits on a fiscal year basis ( ).
Visit the Forms & Resources web page for all plan applications, forms and brochures.
The following plans are not affected by your appointment change and will continue automatically:
- State Group Health Insurance
- Uniform, Preventive and/or Supplemental Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- State Group Life Insurance
- Individual & Family Life Insurance
- UW Employees, Inc. Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- UW 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Program (SRP)
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC) 457 Program
The plans listed below may be affected by your change in appointment.
If currently enrolled, you must complete an application within 30 days of your appointment change to continue your coverage You must select an elimination period under this plan. Your premiums are based on your eligible earnings and selected waiting/elimination period.
If not currently enrolled, you do not get a new enrollment opportunity due to your appointment change. You may have the opportunity to enroll at a later date through a deferred enrollment opportunity
You may enroll through evidence of insurability. See the Income Continuation Insurance web page for details.
WRS contributions and creditable service for Faculty, Academic Staff and Limited appointees are reported on a fiscal-year basis, as opposed to a calendar-year basis.
To receive one year of WRS creditable service, Faculty, Academic Staff or Limited appointees must work 1,320 hours in a fiscal year.
WRS contributions are based on a percentage of your eligible earnings. If your eligible earnings changes, the amount of your WRS contribution will also change.
Remember to review and update your beneficiary designations when you have a life event to make sure that your benefits are paid according to your wishes. Benefit plans that have beneficiary designations include life insurance plans, retirement plans and the health savings account.
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.