If you transfer from one UW System institution to another, your benefits will automatically transfer with you (the University of Wisconsin is considered one employer). Your leave balances will transfer too. However, vacation carryover, banked leave or ALRA hours have special rules. These hours may or may not be accepted by your new institution. If the hours don’t transfer to the new institution, they will be paid out to you before you transfer.

If you change employment category, refer to Change from University Staff to Faculty, Academic Staff or Limited or Change from Faculty, Academic Staff or Limited to University Staff. University Staff are paid on a biweekly basis and Faculty, Academic Staff and Limited appointees are paid on a monthly basis.

If you move due to a transfer, refer to Family Changes – Name or Address Change. You may be able to change your health plan and/or your Dependent Day Care FSA. The link will also explain how to update your address with the benefit plans.

Beneficiary Designations

Remember to review and update your beneficiary designations when you have a life event to make sure that your benefits are paid according to your wishes. Benefit plans that have beneficiary designations include life insurance plans, retirement plans and the health savings account.

For more information review the Beneficiary Information web page.

Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.

Updated: 04/08/2020