Remember to review and update your beneficiary designations whenever there is a big life event to make sure that your benefits are paid according to your wishes. There are other benefit plans (non- life insurance) that have death benefits as well.
Forms & Applications
Forms and applications must be received by your human resources office within 30 days from the date of event.
Contact your human resources office.
If you change your name or address, you must notify your human resources offices and/or your benefit plan companies directly. See the information below to see who and how you notify your institution and benefit plans of your name or address change.
Name Change – Notify your institution's human resources or benefits office of your name change. Documentation requirements vary by institution.
Address Change – Change your address in your MyUW portal in the Personal Information box.
Benefit Plans that Automatically Update when You Update Name or Address with Institution
Provided you update your name or address with your institution, the following benefit plans will update automatically:
- State Group Health Insurance (address only)
- State Group Life Insurance
- VSP Vision Insurance
- Individual and Family Life Insurance
- UW Employees Inc. Life Insurance
- University Insurance Association (UIA) Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Income Continuation Insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System
You may update your name byand submitting it to your institution's benefits office. You may also update your name and/or address with the Department of Employee Trust Funds at 1-877-533-5020.
*Please note: supporting documentation is required if you legally change your name for reasons other than marriage or divorce. Submit documentation to your institution's benefits office.
- You may change health plans within 30 days of your move by submitting an application to your benefits office. Change is effective the first of the month on or following the receipt of your application.
- If you change health plans, your annual deductible and medical out-of-pocket limit will restart at $0.00. Prescription drug annual out-of-pocket limit will transfer to the new plan.
- Note for HDHP plans: If you are staying with the same health plan (insurance carrier), but are changing to/from a high deductible health plan (HDHP) design, or changing from one HDHP health plan (insurance carrier) to another, ALL limits will restart.
Call EPIC Benefits+ Member Services at 1-800-520-5750 to update your name. When you update your address with your institution, it will be sent over to the vendor.
Call Dental Wisconsin Member Services at 1-800-520-5750 to update your name. When you update your address with your institution, it will be sent over to the vendor.
If you update your name or address with your institution, the changes will be sent over to TASC.
Health Care FSA
No impact – may not make any changes to election.
Dependent Day Care FSA
You may change your current Dependent Day Care FSA election within 30 days of your move, if a change in residence results in a change in the cost or coverage of your dependent care provider. You must submit a Change of Election form to your Benefits Office to change your election.
Contact your TSA vendor directly to update your name or address.
Contact Wisconsin Deferred Compensation at 1-877-457-9327 to update your name or address.
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. This page does not guarantee enrollment or the ability to make changes to your benefits.