If you need to change, update, or correct your address, name, or gender notify your institution. See below for additional information.
To update or correct your name or your dependent's, notify your institution human resources contact. Documentation may be necessary.
To change or correct your gender or your dependent's gender, contact your institution human resources contact for information on the process and documentation required.
After you make the update with your institution and it has been processed, the following benefit plans will automatically be notified:
- State Group Health Insurance
- State Group Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Individual & Family Life Insurance
- UW Employees, Inc. Life Insurance
- University Insurance Association (UIA) Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Income Continuation Insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC) 457 Program
Supporting documentation is required to be submitted to your institution's human resources contact if you legally change your name for reasons other than marriage or divorce.
You may change health insurance plans and/or health insurance carriers within 30 days of your address change by submitting an application to your institution's benefits contact. The change is effective the first of the month on or following receipt of your application.
- If you change health insurance plan carriers (e.g. GHC, Dean, Quartz, etc.), your annual deductible and medical out-of-pocket limit will reset. However, your prescription drug annual out-of-pocket limit will not reset.
- If you change to or from an HDHP and:
- Change health insurance plan carriers, all limits will reset (ex: non-HDHP with GHC to HDHP with Dean or HDHP with GHC to non-HDHP with Dean).
- Stay with the same health insurance plan carrier, your limits will not reset. (ex: non-HDHP with GHC to HDHP with GHC)
After you update your name and/or address with your institution, the FSA administrator will automatically be notified.
Health Care FSA
No impact. You may not make any changes to your Health Care FSA election.
Dependent Day Care FSA
You may change your Dependent Day Care FSA election within 30 days of your move if the change in residence results in a change to the cost of your Dependent Day Care. To change your election, submit a Change of Election form to your institution's benefits contact.
Complete your address change with your 403(b) recordkeeper over the phone or in writing. Only TIAA permits online address changes.
Name changes must be made in writing; contact your recordkeeper to obtain a form.
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.