If you change your name or address, you must notify your human resources offices and/or your benefit plan companies directly. See the information below to see who and how you notify your institution and benefit plans of your name or address change.
Name Change – Notify your institution's human resources or benefits office of your name change. Documentation requirements vary by institution.
Address Change – Change your address in your MyUW portal in the Personal Information box.
Benefit Plans that Automatically Update when You Update Name or Address with Institution
Provided you update your name or address with your institution, the following benefit plans will update automatically:
- State Group Health Insurance (address only)
- State Group Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance (Delta Dental)
- Vision Insurance (VSP)
- Individual & Family Life Insurance
- UW Employees, Inc. Life Insurance
- University Insurance Association (UIA) Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Income Continuation Insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System
Update your name byand submitting it to your institution's human resources office.
*Note: supporting documentation is required if you legally change your name for reasons other than marriage or divorce. Submit documentation to your institution's human resources office.
- You may change health plans within 30 days of your move by submitting an application to your human resources office. Change is effective the first of the month on or following the receipt of your application.
- If you change health plans (insurance carrier), your annual deductible and medical out-of-pocket limit will restart at $0. Prescription drug annual out-of-pocket limit will transfer to the new plan.
- NOTE: If health plan change involves an HDHP (to or from):
- If you are staying with the same health plan (insurance carrier), all limits will transfer. (ex: non-HDHP with health plan A to HDHP plan with health plan A)
- If you are changing health plan (insurance carrier), ALL limits will restart at $0. (ex: non-HDHP with health plan A to HDHP plan with health plan B, or HDHP plan with health plan A to HDHP plan with health plan B)
When you update your name and/or address with your institution, the changes will be sent over to the vendor.
When you update your name and/or address with your institution, the changes will automatically be sent to the vendor.
Health Care FSA
No impact – may not make any changes to election.
Dependent Day Care FSA
You may change your Dependent Day Care FSA election within 30 days of your move, if a change in residence results in a change in the cost or coverage of your dependent day care provider. You must submit a Change of Election form to your human resources office to change your election.
You can make an address change with all TSA Program providers over the phone or in writing. Only TIAA permits online address changes.
Name changes must be made in writing; contact your provider to obtain a form.
Contact Wisconsin Deferred Compensation at 1-877-457-9327 to update your name or address.
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.