View - Return to Travel Webinar
Tickets that were issued by Fox World Travel but cancelled after July 1st with Travel Incorporated will remain in the name of the traveler and will be on file with Travel Incorporated.
Note: These tickets will not be visible in Concur profiles. Travel Incorporated consultants will have access to unused ticket data and the traveler must contact a consultant when they are ready to use the ticket.
Preparing for Travel
Avoid connecting flights where possible.
Check in for your flight on your phone through the airline app.
Pack a mask for every day and bring plastic bag to store dirty masks in.
Pack hand sanitizer size 12 ounces per passenger allowed.
Pack individually packaged alcohol or anti-bacterial wipes in carry-on or checked luggage. Jumbo containers of hand wipes are also allowed in carry-on or checked luggage.
Call ahead to hotel and find out their COVID-19 measures taken, and any services not currently being offered.
Many airlines are not offering beverage service. Most airlines are encouraging travelers to bring snacks and a water bottle to fill before you fly.
Download TSA app https://www.tsa.gov/mobile
Download app for airline.
Consider having someone drop you off at the airport to avoid taking shuttle.
During a Trip
Be prepared for maybe a little lengthier time through TSA.
Limit interaction frequently touched surfaces such as kiosks, digital interfaces such as touchscreens and fingerprint scanners, ticket machines, turnstiles, handrails, restroom surfaces, elevator buttons, and benches as much as possible.
If your driver's license or state-issued ID expired on or after March 1, 2020, and you are unable to renew at your state driver’s license agency, you may still use it as acceptable identification at the checkpoint. TSA will accept expired driver’s licenses or state-issued ID a year after expiration or 60 days after the duration of the emergency, whichever is longer. By the way, the Department of Homeland Security recently announced an extension of time to obtain a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license. The new deadline is October 1, 2021.
Prior to going through the security checkpoint, take the items from your pockets and place them into your carry-on bag so that you don’t have to place them in a bin. Remove the keys, tissues, lip balm, loose change, breath mints, mobile phone and anything else from your pockets and place them right into your carry-on bag.
Wear mask and wash hands often.
Limit how often you take your face mask off to drink and eat. Some airlines have actually reduced or suspended their food and beverage services to avoid transmission of the virus.
Check the hotel’s COVID-19 prevention practices before you go.
Check travel restrictions and quarantine rules for your desired destination. Some states require visitors to stay inside for two weeks upon arrival.
Use options for online reservation and check-in, mobile room key, and contactless payment.
Check which amenities are open before booking, as many shared spaces at these facilities are closed so you can plan ahead.
Minimize use of areas that may lead to close contact (within 6 feet) with other people as much as possible or visit at off-peak times, like break rooms, outside patios, inside lounging areas, dining areas/kitchens, game rooms, pools, hot tubs, saunas, spas, salons, and fitness centers. Wear a mask and leave if you can't maintain social distance.
Wipe down all hard, nonporous surfaces regularly. Prioritize high-touch surfaces, like keys, TV remotes, night stands, handles on sinks and doors, the fridge (inside and out), light switches. If you are considering cleaning your travel lodgings, see CDC’s guidance on how to clean and disinfect.
Consider taking the stairs. Otherwise wait to use the elevator until you can either ride alone or only with people from your household.
Request contactless delivery for any room service order.
Before traveling, pack sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol (in case you are unable to wash your hands at your destination). Bring your cloth face covering to wear at times when physical distancing is difficult.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly (for example, the steering wheel, gear shift, door frame/handles, windows, radio/temperature dials, and seatbelt buckles).
When using parking meters and pay stations, consider using alcohol wipes to disinfect surfaces or use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol after use. Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as soon as it is possible.
Improve the ventilation in the vehicle if possible (for example, open the windows or set the air ventilation/air conditioning on non-re circulation mode).
Consider limiting the number of passengers in the vehicle to only those necessary.
Use touchless payment when available.
Sit in the back seat in larger vehicles such as vans and buses so you can remain at least six feet away from the driver.
Know the rules in the state and town where you live. If you'll need to quarantine when you return, can you miss work or work remotely?
For recommended or required interstate traveler quarantines click here
Current Airline Travel Waivers
Travel Incorporated has a resource to provide a comprehensive listing of airline waiver information. The information is expected to change on a frequent basis and relies on airline resources to provide the most current and accurate information possible. Please review the waiver detail in the link, and contact your travel manager for any specific inquiries.
UW System has also compiled links to our most frequently used airlines. View these links below.
Complete Clean Pledge
Today and every day, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in the industry. Now more than ever, our customers and employees deserve to know we stand behind that commitment with our Complete Clean Pledge. We pledge to go above and beyond our already rigorous cleaning protocols, including strict sanitizing procedures to protect the health and safety of all.
While we’ve always had a very formal training process in place that instructs all employees on the proper cleaning of a vehicle, employees are being trained to implement new and more comprehensive mandates that include enhanced cleaning guidance for our vehicles, shuttles and branch locations, as well as social distancing practices.
Each of our vehicles is thoroughly cleaned and backed with the Complete Clean Pledge. Our procedures mandate a thorough washing, vacuuming, general wipe down, and sanitizing with a disinfectant that meets leading health authority requirements, with particular attention to more than 20-plus high-touch points. We are frequently reinforcing the importance of this process with our employees.
Social distancing protocols are implemented as passengers board, ride and depart from our shuttle buses. We are limiting the number of passengers on each bus, encouraging a one-way flow as passengers board and ensuring that passengers from different parties keep appropriate social distancing from others.
High-touch areas of our shuttles are cleaned and sanitized using a disinfectant frequently and between trips. This includes baggage racks, door handles, and seat backs. All surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized with a disinfectant at least once per day.
The Complete Clean Pledge extends to our locations, as well.
We are implementing additional measures to clean and disinfect our locations, in alignment with guidance from health authorities. This includes frequently sanitizing touchable surfaces with disinfectant throughout the day, such as countertops, phones, tablet devices, payment devices, door handles, among other high-touch areas.
The cleaning guidance set forth in the Complete Clean Pledge is also aligned with the U.S. Travel Association’s (USTA) "Travel in the New Normal" guidance.
Taking Precautions to Reduce Spread
While we are accepting reservations from any branch location on the web or by phone, we have limited our physical locations by consolidating operations to centralized branches. We are also continuing to monitor the situation and open branches back up as appropriate in areas where we are able.
After you make a reservation online, you may be contacted by an Enterprise employee to help arrange a vehicle transfer point that may differ from your originating branch location.
For reservations made on your behalf by a third party, such as an insurance carrier, the process is the same. An Enterprise employee will contact you to arrange the details to fulfill your reservation.
This precaution helps protect employees and customers, keeping our open locations and physical interaction to a minimum while still maximizing our availability for those that need our services.
Employee and Customer Safety and Wellbeing
While we have limited our open physical locations as much as possible, rental agents are available on site to assist in the actual transfer of vehicles.
Enterprise is committed to providing a safe work environment during this challenging time and continues to monitor the situation, implementing additional safety measures as needed.
In addition to branch employees, we also have remote customer service staff working to answer your questions and help you arrange or change reservations.
The employees working in branch locations are following the best practices recommended by various health authorities to help protect and reduce risk of spreading the virus.
These practices include:
- Wearing masks or facial coverings
- Limiting the number of employees in a location
- Using social distancing
- Staying home if they are feeling ill
- Frequently washing hands
- Frequently sanitizing touchable surfaces with disinfectant
- Using disposable gloves and a disinfectant when cleaning vehicles
- Minimizing customer interaction at vehicle pickup or delivery
- Ensuring local teams have supplies and resources needed
To help protect both customers and employees, we also have modified our service offerings. This includes the addition of curbside rentals at our locations to help promote social distancing by getting you quickly on your way while avoiding foot traffic in our locations.
Whether you are picking your vehicle up curbside, or if we deliver it to you at your workplace, body shop or home, we maintain proper distance throughout the process.
While we look forward to continuing to serve you during this time, we recognize some travel plans may change. We have extended our existing no-fee cancellation policy to include customers with pre-paid rentals booked directly through us. Customers who have booked a rental through a third-party are encouraged to contact that party directly to understand their policy.
We are continuing to closely monitor the impact of travel restrictions on our members during this global health emergency. To support our loyal customers and ensure they can enjoy the status and benefits they have earned, the National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent-A-Car brands have extended their elite tiers for another year through Emerald Club and Enterprise Plus, respectively.
Both Emerald Club and Enterprise Plus are also rolling over any qualifying rentals and rental days above those needed to get the member to the next tier, giving the member a balance into the following year.
Emerald Club has also extended the use of free days earned from its annual “One Two Free” (U.S.) and “Rent Rent Reward” (Canada) promotion from June 15 to December 31. Additionally, One Two Free days earned can be redeemed at U.S. Enterprise Rent-A-Car neighborhood locations.
Your Safety is Our Priority
To help protect you – and help ensure the health and safety of everyone – we will start requiring customers and employees at our locations to wear masks effective July 27.
According to the CDC, masks help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Therefore, we ask you wear yours across all Hertz touchpoints. Young children (aged 3 or below) and anyone with a health condition that prevents them from wearing a mask are exempt.
This is one more step we’re taking to ensure your Hertz rental is the safest way to travel. All our cars go through a thorough cleaning and sanitization process before being sealed, so you can rent confidently knowing no one else has entered your disinfected vehicle before you. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® members can also skip the counter altogether and go straight to their cars.*
*Available at select airport locations
Introducing Hertz Gold Standard Clean
In addition to following social distancing best practices at our locations, we are raising the bar on our high standards for safety and cleanliness. We are proud to introduce Hertz Gold Standard Clean, an enhanced vehicle disinfectant and sanitization process designed to give you total confidence when you rent a car.
Every vehicle will be sealed and certified ‘Hertz Gold Standard Clean’ after undergoing a 15-point cleaning and sanitization process that follows U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
We are rolling out Hertz Gold Standard Clean now in the U.S. and planning to launch in other countries. Learn more about Hertz Gold Standard Clean, here.
Flexibility and Convenience
We know that flexibility and convenience are more important than ever. That is why we’ve offered vehicle delivery and pick up at almost 3,000 U.S. Hertz neighborhood locations and made the following changes and enhancements in several countries and regions:
- Waived fees for young drivers
- Introduced low one-way rental rates
Choice Hotels Commitment to Clean Press Release
"The health and safety of our guests, franchisees and their employees is always top of mind for Choice," said Patrick Pacious, president and chief executive officer, Choice Hotels. "The Commitment to Clean initiative bolsters existing best practice guidance, with enhancements advanced throughout the COVID-19 crisis, as our franchisees continue to provide accommodations for thousands of first responders, and frontline and essential workers. As our nation starts to re-open and the public resumes travel, we want guests to know that Choice-branded hotels are prepared to welcome them back."
The Commitment to Clean initiative builds on Choice Hotels' long-standing cleanliness protocols, and enhances the existing program with guidance developed in response to the pandemic, including recommendations related to deep cleaning, disinfecting, hygiene, and social distancing best practices and protocols.
Choice Hotels' complete approach to infection prevention includes a close association with Ecolab, who is helping ensure the company has the right infection prevention programs and training in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. This includes a new online resource hub available to franchisees, featuring operational best practices, training and resources from Ecolab's industry-leading experts. Additionally, every Choice-branded hotel will designate a "Commitment to Clean Captain," each of whom will complete applicable best-in-class cleanliness training and will be responsible for incorporating the new protocols into their hotel's operations.
Over the next few weeks, guests may experience a growing variety of new and improved protocols, products and communications, some of which are already in place, to promote health and safety, including:
- Heightened cleaning protocols for high-traffic areas such as the front desk, fitness centers and pools, as well as other high-touch surfaces throughout the hotel, using hospital-grade disinfectant approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to combat the spread of COVID-19.
- Furniture arrangements designed to encourage appropriate social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Housekeeping "on-demand" option that allows guests to request delivery of additional toiletries, towels, linens or coffee without having a housekeeper enter the room.
- Changes in breakfast offerings, with many hotels that provide breakfast replacing their buffet with pre-packaged breakfast items.
- Design enhancements to help facilitate contactless check-in and check-out, such as plexiglass partitions at front desks for added protection and key drops for guests' use upon departure.
- "Clean seals" on certain high-touch items in guest rooms to provide reassurance of sterilized condition.
- Personal protective equipment for hotel staff, including masks and gloves, to safeguard guests and employees.
- Hand sanitizing stations located in high-traffic areas throughout the hotel, such as the front desk, breakfast area, elevator lobbies and fitness center.
- On-property signage and decals reiterating CDC social distancing guidelines, personal sanitation guidelines and the importance of surface cleaning.
- Communications from front desk staff to guests about precautions taken for their safety and comfort, and reminders about additional safeguards available at guests' choosing.
The company will also be exploring the implementation of various technologies in the months ahead, including mobile check-in and keyless entry to further facilitate the contactless guest experience, as well as ultraviolet light instruments, air purifiers and ozone generators to further enhance sanitation.
Radisson is Committed to delivering a clean and safe environment through health and safety protocols
Our commitment to health, safety and security
In response to the development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow the latest advice and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the local authorities in the countries we operate in. For up-to-date information and further details, please refer to the WHO and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Radisson Hotels has activated our corporate crisis response teams worldwide and has strong processes and support teams in place. Along with a team of experts, we have reviewed our existing health and safety processes and developed the Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol (e-brochure). This in-depth cleanliness and disinfection protocol was created in partnership with SGS and is designed to ensure your safety and peace of mind from check-in to check-out. The 20-step protocol for hotels and 10-step protocol for meeting and events space has been introduced and recommended to all hotel locations. Each of our hotels has also been equipped with resources and educational materials on how to handle suspected or confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) or lockdown for quarantine purposes in cooperation with the local authorities.
We are continuously monitoring and following the changes in recommendations and guidelines of the local governments and the local health authorities in the countries we operate in, to continue working towards providing the best service possible while safeguarding the safety of our guests and associates, within the requirements issued by such local authorities.
The availability of food service, pools, fitness centers, and other amenities may be disrupted at your destination hotel. In accordance with governmental guidelines, some hotels may only be open to essential workers and can only be reserved by calling the property directly.
Our cancellation policy for Individual reservations:
For existing reservations made prior to April 1, 2020, for stays until August 31, 2020, at any RHG hotel worldwide and subject to local regulations and variations applicable to the hotel legal entity, we allow:
- Free modifications subject to availability and/or any rate differences
- Free cancellations with the following exception:
○ If a deposit has been paid for an existing reservation, we will credit you the full amount to redeem with your next stay at the same hotel within one year after your cancellation date. If you are unable to redeem, we will refund you after your credit has expired.
For new reservations made between April 1 and August 31, 2020, for any future arrival date at any RHG hotel worldwide, we allow:
- Free modifications up to 24 hours before the arrival date. Any modifications are subject to availability and/or any rate differences
- Free cancellations up to 24 hours before arrival date
○ This includes reservations on advanced purchase rates described as noncancelable
○ If a deposit has been paid, the amount will be refunded to the credit card used (or maybe in the form of vouchers or credit, where required by local regulations)
Cancellation policy for Leisure Groups, Business Groups and Meeting & Events:
For existing and new reservations for groups and/or meetings & events until August 31, 2020 (or the end date of national government-imposed restrictions on gatherings) at any RHG hotel worldwide and subject to local regulations and variations applicable to the hotel legal entity, we allow:
- Free modifications subject to availability and/or any rate differences
- Free cancellations up to 24 hours before arrival date, if the meeting/event cannot be rebooked to a later date.
○ If a deposit has been paid for an existing reservation, we will credit you the full amount (less already incurred costs) for the customer to redeem on their reservation, at the same property until June 30, 2021, or a date required by local regulations. If you are unable to redeem, we will refund you after your credit has expired.
Guests are advised to contact our call centers for urgent reservations (travel within the next 72 hours) or to modify or cancel their booking via our website, app or online form on our website.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or third-party travel professionals must contact their booking provider for any adjustments.
Our commitment to our loyalty program members
As COVID-19 affects travel plans around the world, we believe our Radisson Rewards members deserve to use the points that they have acquired and should not be penalized due to circumstances out of their control. As a result, Radisson Hotels is suspending its point expiration policy by six months, effective March 1, 2020. We have also extended the elite status of our members through February 2022, for those that would have expired in February 2021. In addition, e-certs earned using the Radisson Reward Visa card, that are scheduled to expire between March 1 and July 31, 2020, can be redeemed through June 30, 2021.
Effective Monday, July 27, face coverings are required in all public spaces at all IHG hotels in the Americas.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Supporting your well-being and travel plans
Recognizing the ongoing and increased uncertainty that coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing around the world, our highest priority is the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees. With that in mind we wanted to update you on the actions we have taken in response to the outbreak.
Alert! Your travel destination may be subject to state or local laws that require isolation or quarantine upon entry, or other mandates such as wearing a face covering while in public spaces. Ensure that you review any requirements prior to travel.
For the health and safety of guests and hotel colleagues, and in line with local legislation and current health authority guidance, some hotels are also operating with modified or reduced services (e.g. reduction in restaurant and bar service, alternative guest room furnishings and/or amenities). These changes are temporary and normal amenity and service levels will be reinstated as soon as possible.
Our number one priority is your health, safety and well-being. We are closely monitoring developments around the world and are in contact with global organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and relevant authorities for country-specific requirements, to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable.
All our hotels are required to adhere to comprehensive health and safety procedures including all local laws. In addition, we provide our hotels with best practices and guidelines and have supplemented these resources with additional COVID-19 cleanliness specific guidance, training and information consistent with our own high standards.
- Activation of response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels.
- Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms) and high-touch points in guest rooms.
- All hotels have been advised on cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
- We continuously review food and beverage service in accordance with official recommendations. At many of our hotels, new standards and service approaches to buffets, banquets, room service and catering will be implemented. While food and beverage options may vary at this time, we are committed to protecting the well-being of our guests. For specific details on dining options, please reach out to the individual hotel.
The safety of our guests and team members around the world is a top priority. We have provided the thousands of independently owned and operated franchised hotels in our network and our managed and owned properties worldwide with helpful guidelines and safety information provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) detailing how to identify COVID-19 symptoms and mitigate its transmission. We have also partnered with third parties, including Ecolab and other suppliers, to provide our hotels with access to industry-standard cleaning and disinfecting supplies and have made training available to support our franchisees and our managed and owned hotels in achieving the highest standards of cleanliness, disinfection and hygiene.
Our mission is to make hotel travel possible for all, and that becomes especially important during times of uncertainty. Our cancellation policies for direct bookings are among the most flexible in the hotel industry, with thousands of our hotels honoring no-fee cancellations up to 6 p.m. on the day of arrival.
We have enhanced our policies as follows:
- Guests traveling with new or existing direct bookings for stays in any of our hotels through June 30, 2020 will have their cancellation or change penalties waived if the request is received at least 24 hours (or less if permitted by the hotel’s policy) prior to arrival.
- Guests who are prohibited from traveling to their booked hotel under applicable law will have their cancellation or change penalties waived on direct bookings.
- For new or existing direct bookings with arrivals after June 30, 2020, all of our properties are required to accommodate non-cancellable rate reservation changes if the request is received at least 48 hours prior to arrival and the same number of room nights or more are booked for a future stay.
- We are pausing the expiration of any Wyndham Rewards points until September 30, 2020 and have extended current Wyndham Rewards Member Levels (status) for all members globally through the end of 2021.
- We are committed to, and actively exploring, additional steps that we can take to help all Wyndham Rewards members globally, which will include relaxed Member Level earning requirements, among other options. Due to rapidly evolving circumstances, it’s too soon to share specifics, however, we will do so as soon as possible.
Please note that the cancellation policies above do not apply to any Group booking, such as conferences, meetings, or events. For guests with Group reservations, please review the terms and conditions for the booking and/or contact the group planner for more information.
For bookings made by a travel agent or online booking platform, guests are advised to contact the agent or booking platform directly. Please consult travel advisories and information made available by the World Health Organization, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Department of State. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and adapt our policies accordingly.
Additionally, due to the current situation with coronavirus, our hotels are implementing new processes to protect the safety of our guests and team members. This may result in a reduction in certain services and amenities that are normally available at our hotels. Those traveling to hotels located in areas that are allowing only “essential travelers,” are required to comply with all guidelines and restrictions and may be required to provide identification establishing that they are “essential travelers.” If guests have questions or concerns, we ask them to please contact the hotel directly.
How our program is certified
- Diversey is a global provider of cleaning and disinfecting products to hospitality,
healthcare and retail facilities.
- They will certify how and where we clean (procedures) and the products we use (standards).
- Bureau Veritas is a global leader in testing, inspection and compliance of hotel cleanliness.
- They will certify and audit the procedures we are taking to assure the health, safety and hygiene conditions of our hotels and personnel.
- Corporate Medical Advisors (CMA) are medical experts providing health advisory services in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. They are a part of International SOS – a leading medical services and security company.
- They provided guidance and counsel on CQ’s Certified Safe & Clean Program, and will provide ongoing inspection and customization of the program.
Touchless Arrival Experience
- Check in using our mobile app or website
- Kiosk check in using your mobile phone
- Digital mobile key on your mobile phone
- Plexiglass shields at front desk
- Learn More >
- Certified sealed clean
- Single use amenities
- Text messaging with hotel staff
- TV remote controlled with mobile phone
- Contactless room delivery and pick up
- Learn More >
Enhanced Cleaning and Guest Protocols
- Temperature checks in lobby for guests
- Medical guidance & consulting with COVID-19 safety protocols
- Masks worn by guests in public areas
- Increased frequency of high-touch areas with EPA certified to kill COVID-19 disinfectants
- Additional hand sanitizer stations in public areas
- Focus on hotel air quality by increased cleaning of HVAC systems, changing of filters, and introduction of outside air
- Learn More >
Our Clean + Safe Commitment
We are proud to partner with Ecolab Inc. – a global leader in hygiene and infection prevention solutions for the hospitality industry – to keep our guests and team members safe. In this collaborative effort, we use Ecolab products as part of enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
As a family-owned company, we pledge to provide the utmost care for you, while offering great value and consistency. Thank you for your trust and loyalty.
We realize travel plans are fluctuating and may change. As a reminder, Drury Hotels offers you the flexibility to cancel your reservations until 12:00 p.m. the day prior to arrival.
We are currently offering special exceptions on Advance Purchase non-refundable reservations to accept cancellations and refunds for arrivals through September 30, 2020. Please cancel the reservation through your original booking source and you should receive a refund within 7-10 business days.
For arrival dates of October 1, 2020 and beyond, please submit an Advance Purchase Hardship Request.
We have re-designed our check-in process to reduce contact by implementing transparent shields, removing the need for signatures and encouraging electronic payment.
- Social Distancing
Signs and visual cues help allow six feet between you and others. We also ask you to travel only with your immediate party on elevators.
For the safety of our guests and team, face coverings are required to enter hotel and in common areas. Thank you for your cooperation & understanding.
- Clean Common Areas
Our team uses a detailed checklist to ensure all frequently touched areas—including handles, luggage carts, elevator buttons and more—are disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- We want you to feel safe from check-in to check-out, and everywhere in between. We are using products approved by the CDC and EPA, and our housekeeping team has received additional cleanliness training focused on the disinfection of frequently touched areas in your room.
- In an effort to respect your space, and to keep you and our team safe, we will not provide housekeeping service for the duration of your stay.
- Specifically in each guestroom our team will:
- Disinfect frequently touched areas throughout room. This includes all door handles and locks, light switches, telephone, remote control, faucet, alarm clock, tops of the furniture, and other items you may use such as the ice bucket and lid, hairdryer, hangers and iron.
- Launder using CDC approved settings, including the use of chlorine bleach.
- Change shower curtains between guests.
- Remove all marketing materials, pen and paper from guestrooms and non-disposable items from the guestroom between each guest.
- Our meeting space capacities have been updated to provide proper social distancing for your group. Please ask your sales specialist for more details or contact us at 800-436-1169.
- All frequently touched areas, such as tables and audiovisual equipment, in the meeting space will be disinfected after each use. Table linens are laundered using CDC approved settings.
- Meeting attendees can enjoy individually wrapped break package options.
- Health & Wellness
Drury team members are screened on a daily basis to ensure they are symptom-free. We enforce proper hand hygiene and are also providing our team with gloves and masks to protect themselves and you.
- Social Distancing
We encourage our team to practice social distancing, too. This helps them to keep one another healthy, safe and ready to serve you.
Face Coverings Are Now Required –as of July 24, 2020
In accordance with CDC guidelines, we are requiring face coverings in all indoor public areas of all our hotels throughout the U.S. for guests and Team Members. Additionally, we continue to encourage the use of face coverings at our hotels throughout the rest of the world. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to serving you.
HILTON’S COMMITMENT TO YOU, OUR GUESTS, AS WE NAVIGATE THROUGH CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding booking flexibility, Hilton Honors membership Points and Status, supporting our communities and workforce, and travel safety.
Greater Flexibility for New and Existing Reservations – Updated as of June 5, 2020
In order to provide you with greater travel flexibility during the COVID-19 pandemic, Hilton introduced a more flexible cancellation policy on March 12, 2020. As stay-at-home orders lift and travel resumes, our Team Members are excited to welcome you to our hotels. At the same time, we know your plans may continue to change, so we have made your reservations even more flexible:
For reservations made prior to March 12, 2020 – when our new, more flexible reservation policy went into effect: You may now change or cancel any future reservation, without penalty, as long as you do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date, but not later than August 31, 2020. This includes reservations described as “non-cancellable” or Advance Purchase.
Flexibility for the Future: Any individual reservations booked on and between March 12 and August 31, 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
If you cancel a rate which required an advance payment or deposit, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Due to the influx of cancellations, it may take up to 30 days to complete your request. If you are a Hilton Honors member and cancel an Advance Purchase rate, you may be eligible for a free night certificate for each cancelled night. Free night certificates can be used at our more than 6,100 properties worldwide. Stays must be completed by August 31, 2021. In lieu of a refund, guests at select hotels may choose to receive a hotel voucher redeemable toward a future stay at that hotel. Changes are subject to availability and rate differences.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the Hilton website, Hilton Honors mobile app or call center, you can change your reservation here or contact the Hilton Guest Assistance team. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them directly for assistance.
Health and Hygiene – Updated as of June 1, 2020
Hilton CleanStay with Lysol Protection Hilton has developed a global program that will introduce a new standard of hotel cleanliness and disinfection to ensure Hilton guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay: Hilton CleanStay with Lysol protection. The program has been developed with experts from RB, maker of Lysol and Dettol, brands trusted for safely disinfecting surfaces. In addition, experts from the Infection Prevention and Control team at Mayo Clinic will advise and assist in enhancing Hilton’s cleaning disinfection protocols.
Hilton CleanStay builds upon Hilton’s already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene, where hospital-grade cleaning products and upgraded protocols are currently in use. The program will feature Lysol’s trusted cleaning products, solutions and training in North America. RB and Hilton are also exploring opportunities to expand the program into a global partnership. The program will include:
- Hilton CleanStay Room Seal to indicate that guest rooms haven’t been accessed since they were cleaned
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting wipes at entrances and high traffic areas
- Enhanced cleaning for fitness centers
- Reduced paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms
- Enhanced cleaning & other changes to buffets, in-room dining and meeting spaces
- Industry-leading contactless check-in and check-out with Digital Key at more than 4,700 properties globally
- Evaluation of new technologies like electrostatic sprayers with disinfecting mist and ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
The rollout of Hilton CleanStay will begin at Hilton hotels worldwide this month.
Current Health and Hygiene Standards. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures in our hotels today, developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC), to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
We have activated our regional and global response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels and are prepared to act swiftly should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus at one of our properties.
What to Expect During Your Stay. As you know, the way we travel looks a little different right now, so we wanted to ensure you had the latest list of what to keep in mind when you prepare to travel next. Please reach out to your hotel directly to understand their latest local guidelines.
- Social Distancing. Social Distancing continues to be a recommended or required practice in public settings. We’ve adjusted common areas in many of our hotels to help guests adhere to these guidelines. During your stay, please be mindful of other guests and Team Members and maintain the suggested six feet of distance.
- Hotel Services and Amenities. For your safety, some services or amenities such as pool, spas, fitness centers, restaurants and daily housekeeping may be modified or suspended.
Commitment to Clean
Starting with our public spaces and high-traffic areas, we are going above and beyond our normal protocols. We are cleaning surfaces with increased frequency, dedicated staff, and recommended cleaning agents.
Hand sanitizing stations are being installed at hotel entrances, at our front desks, our elevator banks, and meeting spaces.
Signage in public spaces will remind our guests to maintain social distancing. We will be adding partitions at check-in to provide an extra level of precaution for our guests and our associates.
In guest rooms, we have elevated our rigorous protocols to thoroughly clean all surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectants. And we will be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for your use.
New Cleaning Technologies
We are rolling out enhanced technologies including electrostatic sprayers to sanitize surfaces throughout the hotel. We are also testing ultraviolet light technology for sanitizing guest keys and devices shared by associates.
Our mobile technologies provide reassurance and distancing options for our guests. In over 3,200 hotels, your phone can be used to check in, access your room, and order room service.
Our Cancellation Policy:
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, the policies that were in place at the time of reservation, or as previously communicated, will continue to be honored.
- For guests making new reservations on or after July 6 for arrival dates through September 30, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival date.* Reservations with pre-paid rates will be subject to the rate offer rules communicated at the time of reservation. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for arrival dates on or after October 1, individual hotel cancellation policies in place at the time of reservation will apply.
- Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks. Please refer to the property’s Rate Details for applicable terms or exceptions, if any, when booking or changing reservations.
- Individual (transient) guestroom reservation refunds of any kind (e.g., cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located.
- Design Hotels and Homes & Villas by Marriott International (HVMI) are excluded from this policy. HVMI-specific cancellation guidance is available here.
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide (e.g., Marriott, Sheraton and Westin Vacation Ownership resorts) is included in this policy for transient reservations only. For owner occupancy reservations, or if you received a rental cancellation notice, please visit https://hub.vacationclub.com.
- For group organizer questions on terms and conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.
In its everyday cleaning, Marriott will also be using the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to treat known pathogens.
- Surface Areas: In public spaces, the company has added to its already rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In guest rooms, Marriott has added to its detailed cleaning practices, requiring all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. The company will also be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
- Guest Contact: To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, Marriott will be using signage in its lobbies to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing. The company is planning to add partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for its guests and associates and is working with supply chain partners to make masks and gloves available to associates. You’ll see more hand sanitizing stations around Marriott’s hotels – near the entrances and front desks, elevator banks and fitness and meeting spaces.
In addition, in more than 3,200 of the company’s hotels, guests can choose to use their phones to check in, access their rooms, make special requests and order room service that will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact. These “touchless” services can all be done quickly via Marriott’s mobile app.
- Food Safety: At Marriott, food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. The company’s food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using its food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits. Marriott is also enhancing sanitation guidelines and training videos for associates that include hygiene and disinfecting practices. In addition, the company is modifying its operational practices for in-room dining and designing new approaches to buffets.