Arranging Guest Travel
Guest travel is defined as any non-employee travelling on behalf of the University. This includes students, consultants, contractors or speakers. All university travel policies that apply for individual travel also apply for guest travel.
Options for Booking Guest Travel:
- Book for a guest in Concur –
- All profiled Concur users have access to book for a guest in Concur. Only use this functionality if booking a non-university guest. Employee Travel cannot be booked using this function.
- Set up an Administrative Group
- If you have multiple guests, or will be doing many bookings throughout the year, consider establishing an administrative group with Travel Incorporated. This process allows arrangers to set payment methods in advance, as well as allows the guest the ability to call into the agency to make their own reservations. Administrative Group owners set parameters for travel that guests must abide by.
- Contact the designated booking agency with the guest’s booking information to make the arrangements.
Paying for Guest Travel
University Payment methods (such as purchasing cards) should be used whenever possible. Below are best practices to make the trip smooth for the guest traveler:
- Hotels typically require a credit card authorization form to be on file in order for the payment method to be pre-defined. This form is unique to each hotel. Contact the hotel directly and inquire about their procedures for storing a card on file for a reservation.
- Car Rentals typically require the renter to provide a form of payment in their name at the time of rental.
- Air bookings are paid at the time of booking. All air bookings are done either through Concur or with the travel agency, and a university payment method must be used.
- Incidentals incurred by the guest such as meals or mileage can be reimbursed to the traveler after the completion of the trip.