Universities of Wisconsin employees covered by the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) can view their WRS Statement of Benefits in the MyUW portal. Once in the MyUW portal, launch the Benefit Information tile and then go to the WRS Statement of Benefits tab.
Updated WRS Statement of Benefits are provided annually, typically in April.
Your WRS Statement of Benefits Includes:
- Updated earnings and service
- Updated creditable service
- Retirement benefit projections (if vested), separation benefit, death benefit
- Primary beneficiary designation(s)
- Employee and Employer WRS contributions:
- For the 2023 plan year, Universities of Wisconsin contributes 6.80% of your eligible earnings (for Protectives w/ Social Security the Universities of Wisconsin contributes 13.20%)
- For the 2024 plan year, Universities of Wisconsin contributes 6.90% of your eligible earnings (for Protectives w/ Social Security the Universities of Wisconsin contributes 14.30%)
- An Introductory Letter which highlights important information on the WRS Statement of Benefits
- Explanation of WRS Statement of Benefits (ET-7333)
- How to Read My Statement of Benefits (ET-7365)
- Video: Understanding Your Annual WRS Statement of Benefits (13 minutes)
- Webinar: Understanding Your Annual WRS Statement of Benefits
Review the primary beneficiary(ies) listed on your WRS Statement of Benefits. If there are no beneficiaries listed, you either don’t have a beneficiary designation on file, or your designation was made before 1998 (beneficiaries added before 1998 are not listed on your statement). It is recommended that you complete a Beneficiary Designation Form if a beneficiary is not listed on your statement.
Employees are encouraged to designate a beneficiary(ies) to ensure benefits are paid according to their wishes. Whenever you have a life event, such as a marriage, divorce, birth of a child, review and updated your beneficiary designation. Beneficiary designations can be changed at any time.
For more information on beneficiary designations, see the Beneficiary Information web page.
Information on the WRS can be found on the Universities of Wisconsin Employee Benefits WRS web page. If you have questions about your WRS Statement of Benefits, reach out to your benefits contact.
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.