UW System employees covered by the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) can view their WRS Statement of Benefits in the MyUW portal. Once in the MyUW portal, launch the Benefit Information tile and then go to the WRS Statement of Benefits tab.
Updated WRS Statement of Benefits are provided annually, typically in April.
Your WRS Statement of Benefits Includes:
- Updated earnings and service
- Updated creditable service
- Retirement benefit projections (if vested), separation benefit, death benefit
- Primary beneficiary designation(s)
- Employee and Employer WRS contributions:
- For the 2022 plan year, UW System contributed 6.50% of your eligible earnings (for Protectives w/ Social Security the UW System contributes 12.00%)
- For the 2023 plan year, UW System contributes 6.80% of your eligible earnings (for Protectives w/ Social Security the UW System contributes 13.20%)
- An Introductory Letter which highlights important information on the WRS Statement of Benefits
- Explanation of WRS Statement of Benefits (ET-7333)
- ETF Statement of Benefits web page
- How to Read My Statement of Benefits (ET-7365)
- Understanding Your Annual WRS Statement of Benefits video (13 minutes)
- Webinar: Your annual Statement of Benefits shows you the current state of your WRS account. Watch this webinar with your statement in hand. ETF will walk you through each section. Registration required:
- April 12, 2022, 1:00 pm
- April 20, 2022, 11:00 am
- April 28, 2022, 6:00 pm
- May 3, 2022, 1:00 pm
- May 11, 2022, 6:00 pm
Review the primary beneficiary(ies) listed on your WRS Statement of Benefits. If there are no beneficiaries listed, you either don’t have a beneficiary designation on file, or your designation was made before 1998 (beneficiaries added before 1998 are not listed on your statement). It is recommended that you complete a Beneficiary Designation Form if a beneficiary is not listed on your statement.
Employees are encouraged to designate a beneficiary(ies) to ensure benefits are paid according to their wishes. Whenever you have a life event, such as a marriage, divorce, birth of a child, review and updated your beneficiary designation. Beneficiary designations can be changed at any time.
For more information on beneficiary designations, see the Beneficiary Information web page.
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.