Establishing an Administrative Group
Establishing an Administrative Group allows a host department to securely store a University Purchasing Card on file at for agent reservations. Once established, this process enables several outbound or inbound travelers to call into the agency and make their own reservations according to the department’s defined rules and restrictions and have the costs charged to the department’s card. The travelers that are part of the Administrative Group do not have to be traveling as a group to utilize this process.
This process is required when departments want travelers to make their own reservations but want the costs charged to a departmental card. The University’s program is unable to support making reservations for outbound/inbound travelers and then calling out for payment.
Department arrangers must provide the following information and use the UW Group Reservation Request Form to submit the information.
- Travel dates/times can be pre-defined (this is not required if not yet known)
- Fare allowance
- Approval requirements
- If you want the card on file to be used for hotel guarantee (hold reservations for traveler’s own payment at check-out)
- Provide a list of authorized users that are eligible to have their charges paid for via the card on file. This list may be modified as needed.
Once this process is complete, Travel Incorporated will provide the Administrative Group Code and contact information that must be given to and referenced by travelers or coordinators when booking under the established Administrative Group.
Important Note: Be advised that it will take up to 48 business hours to have the group set up internally.
When communicating information to travelers that will be utilizing the department card on file please provide the following information:
- The Administrative Group Code
- Travel Incorporated normal business hours are 7:00am–7:30pm CT.
- After Hour Emergency support must be contacted for air difficulties during travel status.
- In accordance with University requirements, travelers should not contact the airline directly but work with After Hours Support to assist with any air difficulties or ticket issues.