Updated: 07/30/2021

Campuses that require a pre-trip approval should not contact Travel Incorporated to book travel until the designated travel authorization/COVID exception (found in the details below) is complete.

No Restrictions: Book business travel by following the UW-System Travel Policies and Procedures. Check with your department for any pre-authorization requirement. Please follow CDC guidelines for domestic and international travel. Contact the Firstsource Support Team at 715-836-3131, or visit the Firstsource + Travel webpage for more information.


International travel on University business continues to be restricted; approval from Risk Management must be obtained prior to booking international travel.

Interstate business travel and lodging is permitted so long as;

  •  The traveler confirms that all transportation and lodging used followed current CDC
  • the traveler agreed to adhere to those standards
  • That the traveler would follow UW-Green Bay off campus COVID-19 Guidelines for any
    event which they were traveling to, even if these restrictions were not required by the
    venue or the event organizers
  • That permission was explicitly given by the budgetary authority for the travel

For more information please visit the UW Green Bay travel website; or contact us at 465-2227 or travel@uwgb.edu;

Travel Booking Restrictions: International is restricted, Domestic travel open as of June 1, 2021.

The university will be ending its domestic travel freeze effective as of June 1, 2021. University-sponsored travel should follow CDC domestic travel guidelines based upon your vaccination status. UWL's travel freeze remains in place for international travel and is subject to review on a case-by-case basis for compliance with CDC guidelines for international travel. 

For any travel-related questions, please contact UWL's Travel Manager, Becky Kopidlansky.

Visit the UW La Crosse Travel website for more information.

Effective Wednesday, May 26, 2021, the travel ban on university-sponsored domestic travel – defined as travel within the contiguous United States as well as Alaska and Hawaii – is lifted. Employees, guests, graduate students, and undergraduates traveling domestically for business purposes should follow campus existing travel policy guidance.  The Concur online travel booking function will be available for self-booking of domestic air, lodging, and car rental beginning May 26.

Visit the UW Madison Announcement for more information.


Travel Booking Restrictions: Domestic Booking, including all U.S Territories, opens July 1, 2021. International remains restricted. 

Exceptions will be granted for essential international travel, which is travel critical to UWM’s mission, that cannot be rescheduled and is for work that must be conducted in person. Public health guidanceshould be reviewed before requesting an exception. 

To request an exception, most faculty and staff will be able to fill out thisUWM Travel Exception Form. However, there may be some employees who may not be able to access the form. They should use this alternate travel exception form

Exceptions will be managed and approved by Risk Management and designated campus leadership. Each request will be reviewed for health and safety considerations. 

If you must request an exception for international travel, please read the university’s International Travel Policy, which also includes the form to request an exception during the pandemic. This policy establishes procedures and restrictions for certain international travel that may pose increased risks. 

  • Effective immediately, staff and faculty day trips for University business (including athletics and club sports) will be allowed with pre-approval from your dean or vice chancellor. 
  • Effective June 1, overnight domestic travel for staff and faculty on University business will be allowed with pre-approval from your dean or vice chancellor. 
  • Effective Jan. 1, 2022, international travel and international study abroad travel will be allowed. 

Domestic travel, including travel within Wisconsin, with an overnight stay must have an approved Travel Authorization. Requests must be submitted prior to booking travel. The Travel Authorization form must be approved by your Vice Chancellor or the Provost. The form is automatically routed to the appropriate approver when processed through the E-Reimbursement System. Login to the system at https://www.wisconsin.edu/travel/

After travel is approved, it can be booked by contacting a consultant at Travel Incorporated (877) 811-9898 or by using Concur. Employees must use Travel Incorporated or Concur for all business travel as it allows the University to quickly  locate and assist traveling employees in times of emergency. If you have specific questions about travel that are not answered on the website, please contact Michelle Highley at highleym@uwosh.edu

In response to COVID-19, UW Parkside has restricted non-essential travel until further notice.

All Essential travel requires approval by the Vice Chancellor or Dean.

Please reach out to Alyssa Totoraitis at amahn@uwsa.edu for more information.

Business related travel is restricted for UW Platteville until further notice. Travel that is deemed essential needs to have the COVID-19 Travel Approval form filled out and approved before travel expenses are incurred.

With questions please reach out to the Travel Office at traveloffice@uwplatt.edu

Travel Booking Restrictions: None - travel is open for domestic and international travel without an exception.

UW River Falls Travel Page, https://www.uwrf.edu/AccountingServices/Travel.cfm 

Please contact Alma Ramirez, Regional Travel Manager, at 414-345-7553 or aramirez@uwsa.edu for more information.

At this time, university-sponsored travel continues to be suspendeduntil further notice. Travel among our campuses and other facilities (including CWES, Treehaven and NADF) is allowed, as is travel for Admissions, Advancement, Athletics, and other essential purposes. Exceptions, including in-state travel may be granted with vice chancellor approval. The interim travel exception request form, used across the UW System, is available at the bottom of the Travel Services webpage. 



Travel restrictions for Fall 2021 will be changing in the coming month.  Please follow the current, required approval process until the campus Return to Fall Plan is communicated. 

Concur is disabled and all essential travel requests require approval via the UW Stout's Interim Travel Authorization form.

Please contact Heidi Engelmann-Kothrade at 715-232-2334 or engelmann-kothrh@uwstout.edu with any questions.

No approval is needed for domestic travel, however international booking is restricted. Approval from UW Superior Travel (Dawn McMillian) will be required prior to any airfare purchase. 

If you have any questions, please contact Travel Manager Dawn McMillan.

Booking Restrictions: Concur is currently open and travel may be booked without an exception for domestic travel or international travel at a U.S. Department of State Level 1 or Level 2.

Travelers are expected to follow COVID safety protocol of the conveyance and destination. International travel to warning locations, identified as locations that are under a U.S. Department of State Level 3 or Level 4 advisory and/or a CDC Notice Warning Level, is not permitted.  If approved, the travel can be booked by contacting a Consultant at Travel Inc. 877-811-9898.

Until further notice, all travel outside of Wisconsin requires pre-approval. Employees should obtain both their VP & President’s office approval and submit the completed UWSA Covid 19 Travel Request Form pdf to a Travel Incorporated consultant to book travel. The completed form must accompany any related out of state travel expenses (including mileage) in the expense report system. Inform your manager of in-state travel plans. 

In-State Travel is allowed, and does not require an exception form or prior VP/President's office approval.

Please contact Becky Kopidlansky with questions - bkopidlansky@uwsa.edu or uwstraveloffice@uwsa.edu or call 262-384-8898