MADISON, Wis.—University of Wisconsin System President Ray Cross and Board of Regents President Andrew S. Petersen have finalized a 12-member Search and Screen Committee to help identify the next chancellor of the University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point.
In accordance with Regent Policy Document 6-4, the Search and Screen Committee is composed of 10 voting members, including five Regents and five individuals knowledgeable about the duties and responsibilities of the position. Two additional non-voting members represent two-year branch campuses.
Regent Petersen appointed five Regents to the Search and Screen Committee, which will be chaired by Regent Karen Walsh. President Cross, after consulting with members of UW-Stevens Point’s shared governance groups and other members of the university community, appointed the five non-Regent members of the committee, including two faculty members, one staff representative, one student, and one community/alumni member. Professor Mary Bowman will serve as committee vice chair.
Serving on the Search and Screen Committee as voting members are:
- Chair: Karen Walsh, Regent
- Vice Chair: Mary Bowman, Professor of English, UW-Stevens Point (faculty)
- José Delgado, Regent
- Nisha A. Fernando, Professor of Interior Architecture, UW-Stevens Point (faculty)
- Dyllan Griepentrog (student)
- Eve Hall, Regent
- Cris Peterson, Regent
- Denny Peterson, Delta Dental, retired (community)
- Olivia Woodmansee, Regent
- Marc Young, Director of Recruitment, UW-Stevens Point (staff)
Serving as non-voting members are:
- Julie Tharp, Professor of English, UW-Stevens Point at Marshfield
- Ann Herda-Rapp, Campus Executive, UW-Stevens Point at Wausau
The committee will consider candidates to replace Chancellor Bernie Patterson, who announced his retirement. UW-Stevens Point serves more than 7,000 students.