MADISON, Wis. – University of Wisconsin System President Kevin P. Reilly today appointed a search committee to assist in identifying a new chancellor for the UW-Whitewater campus.
Reilly invited 11 faculty members, four staff members, one academic dean, and two UW-Whitewater students from the campus to serve on the committee. They are joined by two community representatives and one UW System Administration staff member. Jimmy Peltier, Irvin L. Young Professor of Entrepreneurship/Professor of Marketing, will chair the group.
Members of committee are:
- Jimmy Peltier, Professor, Marketing (Chair)
- Dennis Baskin, Executive Director, Pre-College Programs
- Barbara Bren, Associate Professor, Library
- Carolina Calvillo (Student Representative)
- John Chenoweth, Associate Professor, Information Technology/Business Education
- Michael Cohen, Budget Planner, Budget Planning and Analysis
- Robert Douglas (Community Representative)
- Denise Ehlen, Director, Research and Sponsored Programs
- Zohreh Ghavamshahidi, Professor, Political Science
- Jennifer Hanewall, Director, Human Resources and Workforce Diversity, UW System Administration
- Joseph Hogan, Associate Professor, Languages and Literatures
- Larry Kachel (Community Representative)
- Hephzibah Kumpaty, Associate Professor, Chemistry
- James Larson, Professor, Psychology
- Manuel Ossers, Professor, Languages and Literatures
- Diana Rogers-Adkinson, Professor, Special Education
- Ann Ruff, Professor, Curriculum and Instruction
- Nicholas Santilli (Student Representative)
- Faye Skelton, Financial Specialist
- John Stone, Dean, Graduate Studies and Continuing Education
- Susan Wildermuth, Associate Professor, Communications
Following a national search process, the committee is expected to identify a slate of at least five candidates whom they will recommend as finalists to Reilly and a special Board of Regents committee chaired by Regent Danae Davis of Milwaukee. Other Regents on the committee include Peggy Rosenzweig, Mike Spector, and Colleene Thomas.
The committee will convene for the first time on Monday, November 19 at 9:30 a.m. in Hyer Hall, room 142 on the UW-Whitewater campus. At that meeting, Regent Davis and President Reilly will officially charge the committee with its mission and roles, review procedures and launch the search process.