MADISON — University of Wisconsin System President Katharine Lyall has appointed a 17-member campus/community committee to begin the search for a successor to Chancellor John Kerrigan.
Kerrigan announced in February that he plans to step down August 31 after 10 years at UW-Oshkosh.
Lyall met with the committee March 29 and outlined her expectations for the search process. Joining her was Regent JoAnne Brandes, who will chair the Special Regent Committee for the UW-Oshkosh Chancellor Search. Other regents serving with Brandes are Joe Alexander of Madison, Albert De Simone of Kenosha, and Gerard Randall of Milwaukee.
A UW System Board of Regents policy guides the makeup of the campus/community search and screen committee. It includes 9 faculty, 2 academic staff, 2 students, 2 university administrators and 2 community members. The committee will conduct a national search, and is expected to identify no fewer than five qualified persons for final consideration by Lyall and the Special Regent Committee. Lyall and the regents will then interview the candidates and make a recommendation for final action, which is expected in late July.
Members of the search and screen committee are as follows:
- Dale Feinauer, professor of management and human resources (Chair)
- John Berens, assistant vice chancellor for information technology
- Brian Borchart, student
- Michael Briley, assistant professor of physics and astronomy
- George Brooks, associate vice president for human resources, UW System
- Michael Burayidi, assistant professor of urban and regional studies
- James Chaudour, professor of music
- Carol Di Biasio-Snyder, pastor, First Congregational Church
- Tom Fojtik, assistant director of residence life
- Beth Heuer, associate director of career services
- Gretchen Kornely, student
- Margaret Olson, professor of counselor education
- John Plude, professor of chemistry
- Kay Roberts, associate professor of English
- B. S. Sridhar, associate professor of business administration
- Stephanie Stewart, associate professor of nursing
- Michael Wachtel, chief operating officer, Oshkosh B’Gosh, Inc.
Kevin Boatright, UW System