If you transfer from one UW institution to another, your benefits will automatically transfer with you – the University of Wisconsin is considered one employer. Your leave balances will transfer with you, with the possible exception of banked sabbatical or ALRA hours. These hours may or may not be accepted by the new institution. If the hours don’t transfer to the new institution, they will be paid out to you before you transfer. 

Classified project employees who never attained permanent status may only transfer personal holiday hours.  Any unused earned vacation hours will be paid out and sick leave hours will be lost.

If you move due to a transfer, refer to Family Changes – Name or Address Change for information about changing your health plan and/or your Dependent Day Care FSA and how to update your address with the benefit plans.

Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. This page does not guarantee enrollment or the ability to make changes to your benefits.