MADISON — The University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents will hold its May 2002 meeting on the UW Colleges campuses in Menasha and Fond du Lac this Thursday and Friday (May 9-10).
The board will meet Thursday starting at 10:30 a.m. at UW-Fox Valley, 1478 Midway Rd. in Menasha. The board’s Friday meeting will start at 9 a.m. at UW-Fond du Lac, 400 University Dr.
Due to the location of the meeting, several presentations relate to the UW Colleges, the 13 freshman-sophomore campuses of the UW System, including:
- “Student Engagement: The Wisconsin Idea in Practice,” scheduled for the board’s Education Committee meeting at 1:45 p.m. Thursday;
- “Finances & Facilities of the UW Colleges: The Wisconsin Idea in Practice,” scheduled during a joint meeting of the Business and Finance and Physical Planning and Funding committees at 1:45 p.m. Thursday;
- “UW Colleges: Then & Now-UW-Fox Valley and UW-Fond du Lac,” scheduled for 2 p.m. Thursday in the Physical Planning and Funding Committee;
- “The UW Colleges Connections: The Wisconsin Idea in Practice,” scheduled during the board’s full meeting at 9 a.m. Friday, with UW Colleges Chancellor William Messner presenting.
Other presentations of interest during the board’s May 2002 meeting include:
- “Quality: Credits-to-Degree, Time-to-Degree and Graduation Rates,” 10:30 a.m. Thursday. The full board will continue its ongoing discussion on the quality of the undergraduate experience in the UW System. This will include a review of a new report from the UW System Office of Policy Analysis and Research outlining how the university system has substantially improved credits-to-degree, time-to-degree and graduation rates, all key measures of student success.
- “Study of Adult Students,” 1:15 p.m. Thursday. The UW System market research unit will present its findings from its survey of undergraduate students 25 and older and graduate students 30 and older.