MADISON, Wis. – University of Wisconsin System President Kevin P. Reilly today appointed a 19-member search and screen committee to help identify a new chancellor for UW-Parkside.
UW-Parkside, one of UW System’s 11 comprehensive institutions, enrolls more than 5,000 students from 55 counties comprising the most diverse student population in the UW System. Leading approximately 500 faculty, academic staff, and classified staff members, the UW-Parkside chancellor is responsible for an annual budget in excess of $63 million.
Reilly appointed 10 faculty members, two academic staff members, one classified staff member, and two student representatives to the committee. They are joined by two community representatives, one vice chancellor, and one UW System Administration representative. Professor Greg Mayer, Chair of the Biological Sciences Department at UW-Parkside, will chair the committee.
Members of the UW-Parkside Chancellor Search and Screen Committee are as follows:
- Fay Akindes – Associate Professor, Communication, and Director, Center for Ethnic Studies
- Dirk Baldwin – Associate Professor, Management Information Systems, and Associate Dean, School of Business and Technology
- Herb Colston – Professor and Chair, Psychology
- Cathy Folker – Associate Professor, School of Business and Technology
- Peggy James – Professor, Political Science
- James Kinchen – Professor, Music, and Director, Choral Activities
- Mary Lenard – Associate Professor, English
- Greg Mayer – Associate Professor, Biological Sciences (Chair)
- Helen Rosenberg – Associate Professor, Sociology-Anthropology
- Gary Wood – Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Alfredo Sandoval Flores – Academic Advisor, Student Support Services
- Renee Sartin Kirby – Coordinator, Disability Services, and Associate Lecturer
- Karen Grabher – Academic Department Associate, Criminal Justice
- Sasha Brown
- Byron Dowse
- Don Mash – Executive Senior Special Assistant, UW System
- William Streeter – Vice Chancellor, Administration and Fiscal Affairs, UW-Parkside
- Rita Petretti – President, Petretti Realty Corporation
- Robert Toeppe – President, Wisconsin Plating Works
Following a national search, the committee will undertake an intensive screening process incorporating recent refinements announced by Reilly in October. The new procedures are designed to improve the vetting process for chancellor candidates and to clarify the roles and responsibilities for everyone involved in the search. The committee is expected to recommend five candidates as finalists for consideration by Reilly and a special Board of Regents committee. That Board committee, chaired by UW-Parkside alumnus Regent Mike Falbo, includes Regents Danae Davis, John Drew, and Michael Spector.
The campus search committee will convene for the first time on Tuesday, November 18, 2008, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Galbraith Room in Wylie Hall on the UW-Parkside campus. At that meeting, Reilly and Falbo will officially charge the committee with its mission and roles, review procedures, and launch the search process.