MADISON – University of Wisconsin System President Katharine C. Lyall today announced the appointment of a 19-member committee to search for a successor to UW-Green Bay Chancellor Mark Perkins, who was recently named president of Towson (MD) University.
The committee will be chaired by Scott Furlong, associate professor of public and environmental affairs. He will be joined by nine other faculty members, two academic staff members, two students, two university administrators, and three community members.
The committee will conduct its work during the spring and summer, and will recommend at least five candidates to the president in July. She and a special committee of the UW System Board of Regents will then conduct final interviews and make a recommendation to the Executive Committee of the board. It is anticipated that the appointment will be made in August.
Members of the UW-Green Bay Chancellor Search and Screen Committee are:
- Faculty: Cliff Abbott (Information and Computing Science), Angela Bauer-Dantoin (Human Biology), Scott Furlong (Public and Environmental Affairs), Regan Gurung (Human Development), Robert Howe (Natural and Applied Sciences), Ray Hutchinson (Urban and Regional Studies), John Lyon (Natural and Applied Sciences), Lisa Poupart (Humanistic Studies), Marilyn Sagrillo (Business Administration), and Joan Thron (Education).
- Academic Staff: Anne Buttke (Director, University Union) and John Gerow (Associate Director, Residence Life).
- Students (Home towns): Rebecca Burch (Colgate) and Joanelle Jackson (Milwaukee).
- Administrators: Thomas Maki (Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance) and Frank Goldberg (Associate Vice President for Policy Analysis and Research, UW System).
- Community: Suzette Pfeifer (Director of Development, Encompass Child Care, Inc.), Virginia Riopelle (Vice Chair, UW-Green Bay Chancellor’s Council of Trustees), and Kramer Rock (President, Temployment).
Lyall appointed the committee after broad consultation with the university community, alumni and donors, regents, and key public officials.
The Special Regent Committee for the UW-Green Bay Chancellor Search is chaired by Regent Patrick Boyle. Joining him on the committee are Regents Phyllis Krutsch and Frederic Mohs.