MADISON, Wis. – The State Building Commission on Wednesday approved renovations, energy and water conservation projects and other key upgrades at six University of Wisconsin System campuses.
Approved projects included:
- UW-La Crosse: Center for Arts elevator/entrance improvements
- UW-La Crosse: Graff Main Hall storm water improvements
- UW-Madison: Cole Beach tennis/volleyball lighting
- UW-Madison: Engineering Hall plaza/entrance
- UW-Madison: Lelah Starks Farm new potato building
- UW-Manitowoc: Multi-building energy conservation
- UW-Milwaukee: Lease of Cambridge Commons and RiverView residence halls
- UW-Oshkosh: Reeve Memorial Union entrance and expansion
- UW-Stout: Bowman Hall design
The projects are supported by a variety of funding sources, including General Fund Supported Borrowing (GFSB), Program Revenue Supported Borrowing (PRSB), cash, and gifts.
“We continue to support approximately 180,000 students each year, a near-record total throughout the UW System. The investments in these projects will maintain access, improve efficiency and modernize our campuses to better serve students and taxpayers. We thank the members of the Building Commission for advancing and supporting these important projects,” said UW System President Ray Cross.