Offboarding is the process to transition of an employee out of the organization, whether it is a retirement, transfer or another reason. Regardless of the reason an employee is leaving the organization, there are several things to accomplish during offboarding.
For the manager:
- Submit an ePAF (access required)
- Reacquire organizational assets and property
- Eliminate access to buildings, parking and technology
- Identify next steps for the position being vacated (coverage or replacement)
For the Employee:
- Learn how leave and benefits will be affected
- Transfer and share information within your team
- Participate in an exit interview
Please contact UWSHR to schedule appointments for benefits counseling, the exit interview or to ask any questions that you may have.