Employees initiate an appeal or rescind their benefit plan election electronically by following the steps provided in the ABE Appeals Tip sheet. The deadlines for 2024 Annual Benefits Enrollment appeals and rescinds are listed below. It is recommended that employees submit their appeal or rescind their election as soon as an issue is discovered and not wait until the deadlines.
- Rescinds (for all plans listed below): December 31, 2023
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Day Care): January 31, 2024
- Supplemental Insurance Plans (Dental, Vision, Accident): February 29, 2024
- State Group Health Insurance (Uniform Dental, Health Opt-Out Incentive, Health Savings Account): April 15, 2024
Employees may appeal or rescind only if they were actively employed with the UW System during the ABE period.
Based on the volume of appeals received, a final decision on an appeal can take up to 60 days from the date the appeal is received in good order. Employee will be notified by UW-Shared Services, Service Operations directly when their appeal has been approved or denied. When working with employees on their appeal please advise them of this information.
- - Upon receipt and review of an employee's request for Catastrophic Leave, the employer shall complete this form to indicate approval/denial and forward to the Payroll Office for processing.
Continuation and conversion forms can be accessed below for reference. Employees should contact UW-Shared Services, Service Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 298-0141 (7:45-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday) to obtain continuation and conversion forms.
- - This form must be provided to an employee within 5 business days of an employee’s request for a WFMLA and/or FMLA-protected leave; or within 5 business days of learning an employee is eligible for coverage by WFMLA and/or FMLA.
- - This form must be provided to the employee who has requested a WFMLA and/or FMLA-protected leave to let the employee know if the leave is approved and/or if the employee needs to submit any additional information before the leave can be approved.
- - Complete this form if you (the employer) needs to obtain medical information directly from the health care provider.
ETF requires online submission of Sick Leave Conversion Credits through the online Accumulated Sick Leave System in the 'myETF Benefits Administrator' system. The online sick leave certification process provided through ETF’s system must be used for all employees. To request access review .
Additional Information and Tools
- State Group Health Insurance Manual - Chapter 12 - Accumulated Sick Leave Conversion Credits (ASLCC)
- UW System Administrative Policy 1212 (formerly BN 3): Sick Leave
- Sick Leave Credit Conversion Program Estimator
- Sick Leave Credit Conversion Program Training - Webinar series available for viewing anytime. Registration required. Published by ETF.
- Module 1 - Provides an overview of the sick leave program, eligibility requirements and sick leave conversion credit calculations.
- Module 2 - Discusses employer and employee responsibilities, and when employers are to certify sick leave for their employees.
- Module 3 - Explains rehired annuitants, sick leave escrow, the sick leave re-enrollment process and what happens to a member’s sick leave in the event of death.
- Module 4 - Resources to assist employers helping employees considering terminating employment and the Q & A from the Sick Leave Credit Conversion Program in-person employer training.
Information including a list of frequently asked questions and the application can be found on the WRS-Single Payroll Transition Program web page.
Review thefor information on program responsibilities.