Original Issuance Date: March 4, 2020
Last Revision Date: November 5, 2020
1. Purpose of Procedures
These procedures state the actions required for regional accreditation and the role of the UW System Administration in the review.
2. Responsible UW System Officer
Associate Vice President of Academic Programs & Faculty Advancement
Higher Learning Commission (HLC): HLC is a regional accreditor that accredits colleges and universities in a 19-state region of the United States, including Wisconsin.
- The UW System President and a representative from the Office of Academic and Student Affairs will meet with the accreditation team.
- A representative of the Board of Regents (Regents) will be invited by the UW university to meet with the accreditation team during the visit.
- The UW System President and Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs will each receive a copy of the accrediting team’s report at least one week before the scheduled visit. The report shall be submitted to the Associate Vice President of Academic Programs & Faculty Advancement via email@example.com.
- If the accreditation statement recommends changes or improvements, a discussion will take place between the respective Vice Chancellor and the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.
5. RELATED DOCUMENTS
Revision 1: November 5, 2020
First approved: March 4, 2020