As a result of this project:
– You will not lose your job
– You will not have to reapply for your job
– Your work will not change
– Your pay will not change
– Your supervisor will not change
TTC Project Updates
What’s New – Standard Job Description Library
You can now search for UW System job titles through our Standard Job Description Library. The library includes the job titles and job descriptions for Academic Staff, University Staff, and Limited Appointees. The library is meant as a reference tool for employees, managers, and HR staff to use during employee conversations beginning in December through Spring 2020.
What’s In It For Me
- Creates greater consistency of job titles across the UW System
- Makes it easier to look at other careers in the UW System
- Aligns similar jobs in the UW System with similar jobs in the market
- UW System can better match our jobs to appropriate market-informed pay ranges
What You Need to Know
- Job Titles and Standard Job Descriptions have been created and are being mapped in the new UW Job Framework. Not all job titles will change. The updated job titles and job descriptions will be posted online during Employee-Manager Conversations.
- Employee-Manager Meetings may start as early as December 2019, as directed by your institution Human Resources units. Managers will meet with employees to explain the new job titles and job descriptions. You can confirm that your new job description captures the work you do. Institution Human Resources will be coordinating and/or sending out communication regarding the specifics of these meetings at your institution.
- Go-Live in Spring 2020. Job titles and job descriptions will go-live.
A standard job description represents work that is core to the job, commonly done in the role, and regularly needed within the institution. It is not based on the incumbent currently in that role.
- Communicate an overall picture of the nature of work performed
- Communicate the position’s role in the organization
- Determine the kind of work, level of difficulty, accountabilities, and working conditions required of the job
- Focus on the requirements of the job rather than a specific employee who might fill the position
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Long lists of tasks
- Every possible responsibility the job may have
Standard Job Description Features
- A concise statement explaining the major functions of the position
- Describes the overall end-result of the work that the job produces and why it exists
- 1-2 sentences to give an overview of the job’s main purpose