The purpose of the Regents University Staff Excellence Awards is to recognize the dedicated work, vital services, initiative, and outstanding contributions of university staff throughout the Universities of Wisconsin.
- Individual Awards: Two awards of $7,500 each will be made to university staff members in recognition of their exceptional service to the university. The funds for these awards are designated to support professional development or other activities approved by the recipients that enhance a university program or function.
- Program Award: One award of $7,500 will be made to a program staffed primarily by university staff in recognition of their important role in supporting the mission, priorities, or programs of the university. The funds for the program award are designated to support program enhancements such as the staff recipients’ professional development or program-related supplies and expenses, or for other activities approved by the recipients that enhance a university program or function.
A Board of Regents awards committee will select the recipients, who will be publicly recognized at an awards presentation during one of the Board’s meetings. In addition, all nominees will be recognized by the Board of Regents and in formal UW announcements and press releases.
The awards process is administered by the Office of the Board of Regents. UW universities may submit one nomination per category (Individual and Program) for a maximum of two nominations per university. Each university will determine its own nomination procedures. Nominations should be submitted to the central office designated by each respective university; please check with your university administration office for any deadlines that precede the UW Administration due date.
2024 Regents University Staff Excellence Awards Nominations
Submission Deadline: May 3, 2024
The 2024 Regents University Staff Excellence Awards are expected to be presented at the September 27, 2024 Board of Regents meeting.
Recent University Staff Excellence Award Recipients
The University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents honor recipients of the Regents University Staff Excellence Awards at its meeting on October 6, 2023, at UW-River Falls.
The 2023 recipients include two individuals and one program:
- Dale Lovejoy, Power Plant Superintendent, Facilities Management, UW-Parkside
- Carrie Kline, Library Circulation Supervisor, University Library, UW-Stevens Point
- University Dining Services, UW-Stout
News release: Regents announce University Staff Excellence Awards for 2023: Awards honor staff at UW-Parkside, UW-Stevens Point, UW-Stout for work supporting UW System mission
Pictured are several UW-Stout staff and faculty members posing with Dining Service branded plates for the Great Stout Cookout, an event put on by UW-Stout University Dining Services. (Photo by UW-Stout)