The purpose of the Regents University Staff Excellence Awards is to recognize the dedicated work, vital services, initiative, and outstanding contributions of the UW System’s university staff.
- Individual Awards: Two awards of $7,500 each will be made to university staff members in recognition of their exceptional service to the university. The funds for these awards are designated to support professional development or other activities approved by the recipients that enhance a university program or function.
- Program Award: One award of $7,500 will be made to a program staffed primarily by university staff in recognition of the important role played by university staff in supporting the UW System mission, priorities, or programs. The funds for the program award are designated to support program enhancements such as the staff recipients’ professional development or program-related supplies and expenses, or for other activities approved by the recipients that enhance a university program or function.
A Board of Regents awards committee will select the recipients, who will be publicly recognized at an awards presentation during one of the Board’s meetings. In addition, all nominees will be recognized by the Board of Regents and in UW System announcements and press releases.
The awards process is administered by the systemwide Office of Academic and Student Affairs. UW System universities may submit one nomination per category (Individual and Program) for a maximum of two nominations per university. Each university will determine its own nomination procedures. Nominations should be submitted to the central office designated by each respective university; please check with your university administration office for any deadlines that precede the UW System due date.
2022 Regents University Staff Excellence Awards Nominations
Submission Deadline: May 6, 2022
The 2022 Regents University Staff Excellence Awards are expected to be presented at the September 30, 2022 Board of Regents meeting.
Recent University Staff Excellence Award Recipients
The University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents will honor recipients of the Regents University Staff Excellence Awards at its meeting on September 30, 2022, at UW-Eau Claire.
The 2022 recipients include two individuals and one program:
- Nicole Owen, Academic Department Associate, Department of Mathematics, UW-Eau Claire
- Jolanda “Jo” Johnson, Assistant Director of Payroll and Benefits, Human Resources, UW-Stout
- Custodial Services, UW-River Falls
News release: Regents announce University Staff Excellence Awards for 2022: Awards honor staff at UW-Eau Claire, UW-Stout, UW-River Falls for work supporting UW System mission