The purpose of the Regents University Staff Excellence Awards is to recognize the dedicated work, vital services, initiative, and outstanding contributions of the UW System’s university staff.
- Individual Awards: Two awards of $7,500 each will be made to university staff members in recognition of their exceptional service to the university. The funds for these awards are designated to support professional development or other activities approved by the recipients that enhance a university program or function.
- Program Award: One award of $7,500 will be made to a program staffed primarily by university staff in recognition of the important role played by university staff in supporting the UW System mission, priorities, or programs. The funds for the program award are designated to support program enhancements such as the staff recipients’ professional development or program-related supplies and expenses, or for other activities approved by the recipients that enhance a university program or function.
A Board of Regents awards committee will select the recipients, who will be publicly recognized at an awards presentation during one of the Board’s meetings. In addition, all nominees will be recognized by the Board of Regents and in UW System announcements and press releases.
The awards process is administered by the systemwide Office of Academic and Student Affairs. UW System universities may submit one nomination per category (Individual and Program) for a maximum of two nominations per university. Each university will determine its own nomination procedures. Nominations should be submitted to the central office designated by each respective university; please check with your university administration office for any deadlines that precede the UW System due date.
2021 Regents University Staff Excellence Awards Nominations
Submission Deadline: June 25, 2021
The inaugural Regents University Staff Excellence Awards are expected to be presented at the October 7-8, 2021 Board of Regents meeting.
Recent University Staff Excellence Award Recipients
The University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents will honor the first recipients of the inaugural Regents University Staff Excellence Awards at its meeting on October 8, 2021, at UW Oshkosh.
The 2021 recipients include two individuals and one program:
- Monika Pynaker, Network Services Manager and Interim Manager of Client Services, Division of Information Technology, UW-Green Bay
- Brenda Cullin, Academic Department Associate/Office Manager, Department of Economics, UW-Milwaukee
- You Have Options Program (YHOP), UW-Parkisde
News release: Regents announce University Staff Excellence Awards for 2021: Inaugural awards honor staff in Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Kenosha for work to support UW System mission
Officer Kelly Andrichik accepts University Staff Excellence Award on behalf of UW-Parkside’s You Have Options Program