The Annual Benefit Enrollment period will take place from October 5 to October 30, 2015.
Eligible benefit changes elected during this time period are effective January 1, 2016.
The Annual Benefit Enrollment (ABE) period is the only time when you are able to make changes to your benefits unless you have an eligible family (e.g. marriage, birth, divorce…) or employment change during the year.
Main changes expected:
- There will be an annual deductible of $250 Single/ $500 Family for employees insured in uniform benefits plans (i.e., health maintenance organizations – HMOs).
- The annual out-of-pocket limit for uniform benefit plans (i.e., HMOs) will increase from $500 to $1,000 (single coverage) and from $1,000 to $2,000 (family coverage).
- The 10% co-insurance patient payment for non-preventative services will be replaced with a $15 copay for each primary care physician/therapy visit, and a $25 copay for each specialist visit.
- In 2016, the current dental benefits will be shifted to a stand-alone, self-insured dental plan.
- Instead of current $15, $35 or $50 copays, employees will pay a coinsurance of the cost of the prescription, up to a specified dollar maximum ($50- $200, depending on the drug).
- The annual out-of-pocket limit for pharmacy benefits will increase.
For additional information on changes to State Group Health insurance for 2016: Read Full Article.
See calendar of UW institution benefits fairs here.
For the latest information, refer to the Employee Benefits website.