The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides you and members of your household with confidential resources to address personal/work-related concerns, assist with legal/financial situations or help with work-life balance. Access to EAP services is employer-paid. You do not need to be enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Program to use the EAP services.
EAP services are administered by Kepro for most institutions (excluding UW-Madison). Contact Kepro for services or access their tools and resources by:
- Phone: (833) 539-7285 or (877) 334-0489 (TTY)
- Website: sowi.mylifeexpert.com/ (username: SOWI). Account set-up required to access online resources.
EAP services are available to employees for 12 months following termination of employment.
Review the below resources to learn how the EAP may be able to assist you with your personal/work-related concerns, legal/financial questions or work-life balance.
- Employee Orientation (recorded version)
- (June 2022)
The EAP also offers resources to assist with work-related concerns, some specifically geared toward managers/supervisors. To access these resources, follow the steps below.
- Website: sowi.mylifeexpert.com/ (username: SOWI); account set-up required for access
- In the upper right corner, click on the File/Toolbox icon
- Select Documents
- Click on the Management tab
Institution EAP or Well-being Websites
*UW-Madison does not use Kepro as their EAP vendor. If you are a UW-Madison employee, click on the link in the chart above for information on EAP services available to you.
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.