Communications and Connections
Expand channels to share information systemwide
- Engage advising center directors, professional advisors, faculty advisors and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Share resources and best practices through a 360 Advising website, listserv and other channels.
- Connect with UW System initiatives and statewide and national resources.
Support advisor training and development
- Coordinate advising workshops, such as the 15 to Finish Workshop.
- Facilitate site visits to institutions recognized as national models of excellence.
- Provide additional opportunities, such as webinars, to share resources and best practices.
Campus Advising Support
Elevate the status of advising in student success
- Support strong advising infrastructure through guidance on best practices and norms in advising.
- Support seamless integration of advising between branch campuses and receiving institutions.
- Provide resources to offset implementation of student success strategies.
- Share models for self-study processes, such as the Excellence in Academic Advising initiative.
Support efforts that impact 4-year completion rate
- Launch a systemwide 15 to Finish campaign targeted to high school students, current UW System students and their families.
- Promote policies and practices to increase credit momentum, reduce time to degrees and increase 4-year completion rates.
- Formalize a relationship with Complete College America to support “game-changer” strategy implementation in UW System.
Expand use of data-driven technology to help students persist and graduate
- Offer a cost-effective student success management system to enhance timely, targeted, proactive student support.
- Collaborate with UW System units and the vendor for EAB Navigate implementation, training and support.
- Develop systemwide communities of practice to leverage collective knowledge and experience.