UW System is partnering with UW institutions and EAB to implement the Navigate student success management system. Navigate is EAB’s advising workflow and student planning management software that UW institutions are incorporating into their student success and advising programs. The project empowers students with information and tools and helps advisors, faculty and staff build more effective, timely support to improve student outcomes.
While Navigate users extend beyond advisors, this project supports UW System’s 360 Advising priorities and strategies to expand high quality, proactive advising to improve retention and guide students to graduation.
Navigate Project Objectives
- Support the on-time implementation of Navigate
- Facilitate, leverage, and enhance the EAB services to foster networking and sharing of best practices to drive student success
- Leverage UW System resources to partner with EAB for change management and successful implementation
- Promote the development of a common set of data and analytic models across institutions to support data-driven processes and decisions and ensure improved student success
UW System Investment
- Lowers the cost to four UW institutions already using the EAB system
- Provides an affordable entry for eight additional UW institutions to adopt Navigate
- Supports UW System 360 Advising strategies to improve retention and graduation
The Navigate App was extremely helpful for me, especially as a new UW-Green Bay student because I was able to make appointments very easily with my advisor. During my first year at UW-Green Bay I had seen my advisor so many times and the scheduling feature on the app made it easy for me to pick a day and time that worked best for me. It was a quick and easy process and took only a minute or two. I would also get a reminder email about my appointment so I would not forget.Carter Crowley, UW-Green Bay student
I have participated in the Early Alert system for the past several years for my Psych 101 (General Psychology) class. This is a large class (more than 200 students) and one in which students can easily “fall through the cracks.” I have found the Early Alert system to be quite effective in letting at risk students know that: 1) I have noticed that they may be struggling and 2) I care about their success at UW Oshkosh. Ultimately, I strongly encourage faculty to take the time (it doesn’t take long!) to complete the Early Alert system forms.Quin Chrobak, Ph.D., UW Oshkosh Psychology Department
- Watch UW-Parkside Chancellor Debbie Ford and Milwaukee Area Technical College President Vicki Martin in EAB’s on-demand webinar on Equitable ROI: Moon Shot’s Impact in Wisconsin.
- Find information about the UW System Academic Planning pilot.
- Learn about Using Navigate Analytics to Inform Data-Driven Planning through EAB’s April 2022 recorded webinar and PPT.
- Find information on EAB’s Nov. 7-9 CONNECTED22 national conference here.
- Project Team Resources include UW System institution, EAB and other external institutions’ materials related to advising, communications, training and more for Navigate teams. (To request access, contact us.)
In the News
- Front-Line Staff Share Insights on Eliminating Equity Gaps
- Parkside receives national recognition: Moon Shot for Equity Program
- Equity equals student success at UW-Parkside
- Colleges Sign on for Moon Shot, a program to “erase equity gaps” in completion rates
- Moon Shot for Equity: Four colleges and universities work to close achievement gaps
- Four area higher education institutions commit to closing equity gaps over next 10 years
- UWM commits to “Moon Shot for Equity” to end equity gaps in higher ed
- UW-Parkside commits to “Moon Shot for Equity,” joining consortium with three other higher ed institutions
- UW System investment provides timely tools for COVID-19 responses
- EAB announces virtual check-ins
- UW-Parkside holistic approach to remote student support featured in national webinar
- UW System enhances efforts to address achievement gaps
- In the world of big data, UW schools see a chance to predict who will struggle—and help early
- UW-Milwaukee reinventing advising to transform student outcomes
- How UW-Eau Claire uses metrics to help departments track progress on student outcomes