You belong at a UW university.

If you are pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree as a freshman or transfer student, or if you’re a graduate or professional student, you can apply using the Universities of Wisconsin Application.

Universities of Wisconsin Application


  • Graduate/Professional Students: You may apply to many, but not all, graduate and professional programs using the Universities of Wisconsin Application.
  • International Students: You are an international student if you require any type of visa to attend a UW university. This includes students living inside and outside the United States. All 13 Universities of Wisconsin welcome applications from international students who hope to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree.
  • Re-enrolling Students: Whether you want to return to pursue your undergraduate or graduate/professional degree, find out more about re-enrolling requirements or connect to the university you are interested in.
  • Online Students: If you’re interested in fully online undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree options, see Wisconsin Online.
  • Non-degree Seeking Students: If you are interested in taking courses, but not necessarily pursuing a degree, there are a few different types of application processes. Find out more about Continuing Education and  Dual Enrollment.

Photo of UW Oshkosh student with laptop

Not Ready to Apply?

See what the Universities of Wisconsin has to offer by exploring our programs and campuses.

Special Admission Programs & Common Application

Wisconsin high schools participating in Direct Admit Wisconsin may not have to submit an admission application.

Wisconsin high school students in the top 5% to 10% of their graduating class may qualify for The Wisconsin Guarantee.

If you are applying to multiple universities, including some that are located out-of-state, you can use the Common Application.

  • Only the following UW universities are included in the Common Application: UW-Eau Claire, UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, UW-River Falls, UW-Stevens Point, UW-Stout, and UW-Whitewater.