In addition to operational support of SFS, there are also various ongoing projects that UWSA will undertake to further enhance the system, improve business processes, and/or meet regulatory requirements. The page is dedicated to keeping the users of SFS informed of goals, timelines, and progress for each of these projects.
If you have ideas for future projects that the SFS Operations team should consider, please email UWSA Problem Solvers.
(as of December 2020)
NOTE: all project activity is in JEOPARDY because of the covid-19 response.
The SFS team is working now with UW-Oshkosh and UW-Madison to make sure the P-card module works for UW business processes. The team hopes that those institutions will begin using P-card within SFS before the end of CY20.
The SFS team is working on expanding the functionality to additional institutions. Currently, there is work being done to rollout ARBI to two new institutions.
UW-Stevens Point began using the Grants module in October 2020. The SFS team is now engaging with other campuses that are interested in using the Grants functionality.
SFS Road Map
Please note that this road map is subject to change due to regulatory requirements, changing priorities, or other factors. This represents our most current plan for the SFS Application over the next four years.
The current high-priority items for the roadmap are:
- Production Support, including security updates
- PUM image applications (annually)
Additionally, external project will have impacts on the SFS project, including, but not limited to:
- SFS/BPLogix Integration
- Others TBD…
- SFS 9.2 Upgrade – November 2018
- Shared Vendor File – October 2018
- Cash Management for UWSA – October 2018
- Accounts Receivable/Billing (ARBI) Pilot – October 2018
- Col/Ext Transfer – Oct 2019
- PUM/Ptools 2019 – Oct 2019
- PUM Images 32-36 – Oct 2020
- Rollout ARBI to UW System Administration and UW Madison
- WISER is now fully active and WISDM has been deactivated
- UW-Steven Point Grants module rollout