In addition to operational support of SFS, there are also various ongoing projects that UWSA will undertake to further enhance the system, improve business processes, and/or meet regulatory requirements. The page is dedicated to keeping the users of SFS informed of goals, timelines, and progress for each of these projects.
If you have ideas for future projects that the SFS Operations team should consider, please email UWSA Problem Solvers.
(as of September 2019)
PUM/Ptools 2019 (Peoplesoft Update manager/peopletools)
As part of ongoing maintenance, the SFS team will apply PUM image 31 and PeopleTools 8.57 in October of 2019.
SFS will be unavailable from Friday, October 11th to Sunday, October 13th. Here are the most important milestones during the weekend.
- Friday, October 11th:
- 12:00pm (Noon) – Deadline to complete voucher Entry and Paycycle Processing
- 4:00pm – Complete All PO Transactions, Supplier Entry, and Accounts Payable Journal Entries.
- 5:00pm – All users will be logged out of SFS and the system will be unavailable until the end of the weekend.
- Monday, October 14th:
- Morning – Email to all SFS outage contacts indicating that the system is up and available for all end users. Normal processing restarts.
The outage will also affect functionality within WISDM and WISER that references data within SFS. Other data within WISDM/WISER will be current as of Thursday, 10/10. The following functionality in WISDM/WISER will not be available:
- Any pages that query the Edits from the grants or the funding edit validation page)
- Journal Detail page
- SFD Transaction Search Page
- Tuition Remission search and detail pages
- PO Detail Page
- Voucher Detail page
- Vendor Search
- Grants/Projects Attached Documents
Users who receive outage notifications will also receive notifications about specific activities before and after the weekend outage.
With PUM Image 31, there are several pieces of improved functionality. Check them out on this page: PUM31 Improvements
PUM Image 31 has also brought some know issues. Check them out on this page, with their remediation plans: PUM 31 Known Issues
Please contact your campus representative (use this page to identify who you should contact) if you’re having issues.
As the Col/Ext restructure winds down, resources will shift to expanding the use of the AR and BI modules from the initial pilot institutions to all UW institutions. June-July will be devoted to determine the rollout plan for fall 2019, before moving into piloting and expanding ARBI with a subset of institutions.
UWSA with UW-Madison will replace the current SFS system with a cloud-hosted, central finance system, which will be part of a combined HR/Finance cloud offering. We’re in the middle of the planning year, and the next step is selecting the tool, to be completed by the end of 2019. That will be followed by choosing a consulting partner and planning to begin the formal implementation project.
Finished! Great Job, Team
SFS Road Map
Please note that this road map is subject to change due to regulatory requirements, changing priorities, or other factors. This represents our most current plan for the SFS Application over the next four years.
The current high-priority items for the roadmap are:
- Production Support, including security updates
- PUM image applications (annually)
Additionally, external project will have impacts on the SFS project, including, but not limited to:
- SFS/BPLogix Integration
- Others TBD…
- SFS 9.2 Upgrade – November 2018
- Shared Vendor File – October 2018
- Cash Management for UWSA – October 2018
- Accounts Receivable/Billing (ARBI) Pilot – October 2018