Access to the Shared Financial System is maintained by the SFS Security Team.
Trouble Logging In?
- Cannot remember password
- Error when logging on
- Locked Account
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the DoIT Help Desk at 608-264-4357 and choose option 2. Have the following information ready if possible:
Employee ID (8 Character)
SFS Environment in which the security issue exists
Other Questions About SFS?
Resources for BU Admins
Who Needs to Sign a Form?
Adding Financials Access for UW Staff (ie: AP, PO, GL, etc.)
- Campus BU Admin
Adding Grants Access (Milwaukee and Extension)
- Campus BU Admin
Adding Grants Access (Madison)
- UWMSN Grants Module Steward
Adding Expense Module Access (Madison)
- UWMSN Expenses Module Steward
Adding Access for Individuals that are not UW employees
BU Admin or Module Steward Requesting Access for Own Account
- UW System BU Admin or Financial Module Steward
SFS Security Processing
- All * fields on the must be filled in, or Security could delay or reject the form.
- The latest form must be used, or Security could delay or reject the form.
Granting Access (Provisioning)
For most instances:
- The user must sign the form.
- Supervisor's signature is not required but is recommended.
- A BU Admin must sign the form.
If the requester is a BU Admin:
- A UW System BU Admin or the Financial Module Steward must sign the form.
- A signature from another BU Admin will not be accepted.
If the requester is a UW Madison employee, for either the Grants (GM) or Expense (EX) modules:
A Madison Module Steward will have to sign off.
If the requester is asking for technical roles:
A DoIT Module Steward must sign the form.
If the requester is a non-employee:
Indicate on the form that the requester is not an employee and the project on which the person is working.
A Person of Interest (POI) record must be created for the person in HRS before the SFS security form is submitted. Local HR staff should be contacted to set up a POI.
If the requester is an auditor:
Internal auditors should be treated as normal employees.
External auditors (LAB, etc.) require a Financial Module Steward signature and should be granted the "UW_Base_User" role.
Removing Access (De-provisioning)
- Only a BU Admin or Module Steward signature is required.
- There are no restrictions on self-signature. BU Admins and Module Stewards may sign forms removing access from their own accounts.
- Emergency access removals are allowed, but will require follow-up paperwork.
Signature Proofing Rules
- Must have user signature for adding roles.
- Supervisor signature is recommended but not required for adding roles.
- Must have a BU Admin or Module Steward from the same specific campus of the user. (Module Steward trumps BU Admin, if in doubt.)
- Must date/time stamp the form for the date/time received.
- Must validate the user in employment system.
- Must complete in 2 business days from the time of receipt of a valid and correct form.
- Must contact BU Admin via email, or directly, with form issues as soon as an error is identified.
- DoIT Security will consult the SFS Role Catalog for additional roles not listed on the .
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) was implemented for SFS in June of 2014. Users with core access to SFS are required to provide MFA credentials in addition to the user name and password to gain access to SFS. MFA was implemented to enhance the security of the authentication process for SFS. A One Time Password (OTP) device is used for the additional credentials.
How to Request a One Time Password (OTP) Device:
How to Request a One Time Password (OTP) Device When Not Based on a Campus:
Trouble With Multi-Factor/One Time Password?
See the Process Overview
Module Stewards are the Data Owners
DoIT Module Steward:
|Financials Module Steward:|
Has been delegated to BU Admins at each campus from the SFS Change Manager.
Financial Module Steward signature is need for financial role access by DoIT/technical staff.
|Grants for UW Madison||Mark Sweetemail@example.com||608-265-9252|
|Grants for UW Madison:|
UW Madison employees requesting Grants module access need the UW Madison Grants Module Steward signature. This includes BU Admins adding their own Grants module access.
|Expense for UW Madison||Livvia Goff||608-890-3120|
Expense for UW Madison:
|Any question regarding the owner of a role is answered in thefile which is maintained for Security.|
A Business Unit Administrator (BU Admin) at an institution is responsible for security requests, campus configuration changes, user preference setup and other items. The current BU Admin for your institution is below:
|UW Colleges||Lisa Franseefirstname.lastname@example.org||608-265-5794|
|UW–Eau Claire||Jackie Krieselemail@example.com||715-836-2520|
|UW-Green Bay||Lisa Jackovichfirstname.lastname@example.org||920-465-2968|
|**For HRS Users||Maria Lindquistemail@example.com||608-890-0801|
|Andrew Badefirstname.lastname@example.org||608 262-0510|
|UW–La Crosse||Sandy Chapmanemail@example.com||608-785-8599|
|UW Madison- DoIT||Tim Bohnfirstname.lastname@example.org||608-262-6272|
|Ann Iversonemail@example.com||262 595-3155|
|UW–River Falls||Dave Sorensonfirstname.lastname@example.org||715-425-3905|
|UW–Stevens Point||Christina Rickertemail@example.com||715-346-3999|
|UW System Admin.||Lisa Franseefirstname.lastname@example.org||608-265-5794|
*UW-Extension is now considered closed, so request for BU Administrator work are limited to view changes.