Link to help, information, and resources on your UW campus.
Freshman and sophomore women experience higher rates of sexual assault on college campuses than their upper classmen peers.
The majority of college sexual assaults are experienced by women during their freshman and sophomore years. In addition, victimization is highest in the first months of school, on Thursday, Friday or Saturday, and between 6 pm and 6 am. Read more.
Wisconsin-Based Sexual Violence Resources
- End Abuse Wisconsin. Wisconsin-based domestic violence support services.
- Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault (WCASA). Wisconsin-based sexual assault support services.
- FORGE. Transgender, gender non-conforming, or SOFFA survivor of violence support services.
- Milwaukee LGBT Community Center. Anti-violence and counseling services.
- DAIS. Domestic abuse intervention services.
- Wisconsin Sexual Assault Service Providers. Wisconsin-based sexual assault service providers listed by county.
- Service Provider/Victim Resources. A map of Wisconsin-based sexual assault service providers available by county.
- Employee Assistance Program. Free and confidential resources for UW System employees and their families.
National Sexual Violence Resources
- RAINN. Anti-sexual violence organization.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline. Available 24/7, at 1-800-656-4673.
- Online Chat. RAINN online chat.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline. Free domestic violence Hotline.
- Anti-Violence Project Hotline. Free bilingual hotline for LGBTQ victims of violence.
- Love Is Respect. Hotline and online chat to engage, educate, and empower people to end abusive relationships.
National Prevention Initiatives
- It’s On Us. White House pledge against sexual assault.
- Center for changing Our Campus. DOJ-sponsored resources for colleges and universities on sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Facts and publications about sexual violence in the US.
- National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs. Connection to local support agencies for victims of sexual violence.
- Prevent Connect. A national online project dedicated to the primary prevention of sexual assault & domestic violence