The UW System Fostering Success Programs provide individualized guidance and resources for youth with lived experience in foster care, homelessness, or who are orphaned or wards of the court with an interest in pursuing higher education.
This website was developed to serve as a gateway to:
- Programs and services available to this population of students.
- Campus contacts, who are working to help this population successfully transition to our campuses.
- State and Federal resources available to support students in college.
Beginning with the 2021-23 biennial budget, the state legislature appropriated $500,000 in annual funding to the UW System to support these programs, which are currently operating on 9 UW campuses.
GET SUPPORT NOW
- EMERGENCY: 911
- UW MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT 24/7: 888-531-2142 or chat
- NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE: 988
- HOPELINE TEXT SERVICE: Text HOPELINE to 741741
- VETERANS CRISIS LINE: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)
- LGBTQ CRISIS LINE: 1-866-488-7386