GET SUPPORT NOW
- EMERGENCY: 911
- UW MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT 24/7: 888-531-2142 or chat
- NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE: 988
- HOPELINE TEXT SERVICE: Text HOPELINE to 741741
- VETERANS CRISIS LINE: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)
- LGBTQ CRISIS LINE: 1-866-488-7386
Cultural Competency Training Seminars
The UW System educates a diverse range of students, some of whom experience the negative effects of marginalization due to being a member of one or more under-represented identity group. Students have expressed a desire to have staff in direct service positions on campus that mirror the diversity of the student population and are well-versed in the challenges, needs and issues faces by underrepresented and marginalized student groups. In 2020, UW System President Ray Cross approved a behavioral health workgroup recommendation to sponsor annual training opportunities to enhance the cultural competency of counseling, health, and other student services staff.
Looking for past trainings?
- January 12, 2021 (link) – Cultural Competency Training for Health Care Professionals
- August 3 – 4, 2021 (link) – Serving LGBTQIA+ Student Populations
The next training will be offered during the Spring 2022 semester. Additional details to come.