- 14-2 Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment
- 14-3 Equal Opportunities in Education: Elimination of Discrimination Based on Gender
- 14-6 Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- 14-8 Consensual Relationships
- 17-2 Establishment of Equal Opportunity Employment Offices
- Resolution 9169 Endorsement of UW Initiatives to Reduce Sexual Violence
- Resolution 8963 Revision to Include Gender Identity or Expression in the University of Wisconsin System Regent Policy Documents on Non-Discrimination
- Resolution 1590 Divesting with Companies that Condone Discrimination
University Personnel Policies (UPS)
- SYS 1225 General Terms and Definitions
- SYS 1233 Grievance Procedures
- GEN J Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment
State of Wisconsin Statutes
- Wis. Stat. 36.12 Student Discrimination Prohibited
- Wis. Stat. 36.55 Reporting Employment Harassment and Discrimination Claims
- Wis. Stat. 111.31-111.395 Wisconsin Fair Employment Act
- Wis. Stat. 944 Crimes Against Sexual Morality
- Wis. Stat. 940.19 Battery; Substantial Battery; Aggravated Battery
- Wis. Stat. 940.225 Sexual Assault
- Wis. Stat. 940.32 Stalking
Administrative Code Provisions
- UWS 4 Procedures for Dismissal
- UWS 7 Dismissal of Faculty in Special Cases
- UWS 11 Dismissal of Academic Staff for Cause
- UWS 17 Student Nonacademic Disciplinary Procedures
Federal Law and Policies
- 42 USC § 2000e Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII
- 29 USC § 201 Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
- 42 USC §§ 13701-14040 Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- 20 USC § 1681 Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX)
- 20 USC § 1092(f) Clery Act (See the Reports page for University of Wisconsin System Institution Clery Reports.)
- 34 CFR Part 106 Title IX Implementing Regulation
Federal Attorney General Opinions
- 34 Op. Att’y Gen. (2010) Whether the Criminal Provisions of the Violence Against Women Act Apply to Otherwise Covered Conduct When the Offender and Victim are the Same Sex
Dear Colleague Letters
- “Dear Colleague” Letter, (Jan. 2001). Revised Sexual Harassment Guidance: Harassment of Students by School Employees, Other Students, or Third Parties.
- “Dear Colleague” Letter, (Sept. 13, 2004). Right to Freedom from Discrimination.
- “Dear Colleague” Letter, (Jan. 25, 2006). Revised Sexual Harassment Guidance
- “Dear Colleague” Letter, (Oct. 26, 2010). Obligation to Prevent Bullying.
- “Dear Colleague” Letter, (April 24, 2013). Prohibition on Retaliation.
- “Dear Colleague” Letter, (April 24, 2015). Title IX Coordinators
- “Dear Colleague” Letter, (Feb. 22, 2017). Office for Civil Rights Withdraws Title IX Guidance on Transgender Students.
- “Dear Colleague” Letter, (Sept. 22, 2017). Office for Civil Rights Withdraws Guidance on Sexual Violence.
- “Dear Colleague” Letter, (Sept. 22, 2017). Q&A on Campus Sexual Misconduct.
“Words or overt actions by a person who is competent to give informed consent indicating a freely given agreement to have sexual intercourse or sexual contact. A person is unable to give consent if the person is incapacitated because of drugs, alcohol, disabled physically or intellectually, or unconscious.” 940.224(4), Wis. Stats.
Link to help, information, and resources on your UW campus.