Europ Assistance is a program provided to State of Wisconsin (including University) employees while traveling abroad in the course and scope of their employment. This travel insurance program provides medical emergency assistance for worldwide travel while on business. Europ Assistance is designed to ensure the availability of competent health care as promptly as possible in situations where health care may not be available or is not up to US standards.
Europ Assistance operates a twenty-four (24) hour, seven (7) days a week, toll-free, emergency telephone assistance service. To access the emergency assistance services while traveling, please call one of the following emergency telephone numbers:
1-800-243-6124 (From within the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands); or
From anywhere else in the World:
1-202-659-7803; Call collect if necessary.
In the event of a travel-related emergency, Europ Assistance will provide the following emergency assistance services:
Medical Assistance Services
- Medical provider search and referrals to help find hospitals and doctors in a given locale
- Medical monitoring of treatment
- Facilitation of medical payment
- Coordination of medication
Worldwide Destination Intelligence
- Pre-Travel Information
- Travel and Health Information
- Real-Time Security Intelligence
Medical Evacuation and Rapatriation Services
- Emergency medical evacuations and medically necessary repatriation
- Coordinate transportation to join a hospitalized family member
- Dependent children/traveling companion assistance
Call Europ Assistance if you are away from home and:
- You are involved in an accident requiring medical treatment
- You have difficulty locating medical care
- You have a medical problem and require translation services
- You have any other serious travel difficulties.
In an emergency, go immediately to the nearest physician or hospital. Contact the nearest Europ Assistance Center. Be prepared to give your name, ID number and a brief description of your problem.