While each campus has its own Digital Learning Environment (DLE) support teams, this site provides DLE users with access to systemwide resources. DLE users have access to many forms of systemwide DLE support including upcoming training opportunities, information about changes, and the current service status of Canvas, Kaltura and Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
UW System campuses are encouraged to share training and support resources with their peers. Please add your UW System DLE training session or event to the shared Events Calendar by submitting this form: Events Calendar form Thanks for sharing!
Learn something new by watching live and recorded sessions geared for beginners to experts, or review the current schedule of available live training sessions.
Live Training and Events
Some opportunities in the events calendar are only open to UW-System DLE users and some are public. Peruse the calendar for upcoming sessions.
(UWS Users Only)
- If you are already logged into Canvas, click Help on the left menu and then select Training Services Portal.
- Or navigate to https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/training/ and click on the Access Training button. Create a new user account using your University of Wisconsin campus email address.
Canvas Analytics (recorded June 17, 2020)
This session on the analytics features available in Canvas covers both basic administrator reporting and analytics, as well as analytics tools available to instructors within a course. Session Recording
People, Groups, and Collaborations (recorded Friday, April 17, 2020)
Infuse interactivity and cooperation in your classes with the Canvas tools of People, Groups and Collaborations. This session introduces participants to the collaboration features in Canvas, including discussions, group assignments, and the Collaboration tool. Session Recording
How do I …? Users of the UW System DLE have access to many support resources.
Search the UWS DLE Knowledgebase (KB)
Have questions specific to the UW-System instance of Canvas, Kaltura, or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra? You may find the answer by searching our UWS DLE Knowledge Base (KB). https://kb.wisconsin.edu/dle
Contact Canvas 24/7 Support
UW System Canvas users have access to help directly from Canvas. If you are logged into Canvas, you can contact Canvas via chat, telephone, or email by clicking the “Help” button found in the left-side navigation bar.
Ask the Canvas Community
With nearly 900,000 active members, you may find the answer you need on the Canvas Community.
- Visit https://community.canvaslms.com/ and log in using your University of Wisconsin credentials.
- CanvasLIVE is a virtual faculty/staff “lounge” where Canvas community members host and/or participate in live events online. Visit https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/CanvasLive/bg-p/canvaslive
- Canvas is updated on a rigorous monthly schedule. To see what’s coming, visit https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/releases You can add the Canvas update schedule to your personal calendar here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1384-what-is-the-canvas-release-schedule-for-beta-production-and-test-environments
KALTURA: Upping Your Game – Advanced Approaches to Kaltura Video in Courses
The Kaltura media management tool is a key part of the UW System’s Digital Learning Environment, but many users don’t take full advantage of it. In this presentation, ways to improve the use of Kaltura video in your online courses is discussed. We explore novel video use cases and the pedagogy behind them. We also review Kaltura’s machine captioning tool, which can easily make your videos more accessible. Session Recording