While each campus has its own Digital Learning Environment (DLE) support teams, this site provides DLE users with access to systemwide resources. DLE users have access to many forms of systemwide DLE support including upcoming training opportunities, information about changes, and the current service status of Canvas, Kaltura and Zoom.
UW System campuses are encouraged to share training and support resources with their peers. Please add your UW System DLE training session or event to the shared Events Calendar by submitting this form: Events Calendar form Thanks for sharing!
Learn something new by watching live and recorded sessions geared for beginners to experts, or review the current schedule of available live training sessions.
Live Training and Events
From time to time, live learning technology training opportunities are available and are coordinated with campus DLE Liaisons.
Canvas (UWS Users Only)
- Navigate to https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/training/ and click on the Access Training button. Create a new user account using your University of Wisconsin campus email address.
- Kaltura Academic Media & Pedagogy (KAMP) – Recorded Master Classes for Higher Education Kaltura Users available here: https://corp.kaltura.com/kamp-webinars/
- Free, live, and interactive, training webinars offered daily here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360029527911-Live-training-webinars
- Watch recorded training sessions here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/217214286-Watch-Recorded-Training-Sessions and tutorials here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-video-tutorials
- See “Meeting and Webinar Best Practices and Resources” here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/209743263-Meeting-and-Webinar-Best-Practices-and-Resources
- UWS Users can also log into Zoom, click “Resources” on the top right menu and then select “Live Training” or “Webinars and Events.”
How do I… ? Users of the UW System DLE have access to many support resources.
Search the UWS DLE Knowledgebase (KB)
Have questions specific to the UW-System instance of Canvas, Kaltura, or Zoom? You may find the answer by searching our UWS DLE Knowledge Base (KB). https://kb.wisconsin.edu/dle
Contact Canvas 24/7 Support – or – ask the canvas community
UW System Canvas users have access to help directly from Canvas. If you are logged into Canvas, you can contact Canvas via chat, telephone, or email by clicking the “Help” button found in the left-side navigation bar.
With nearly 900,000 active members, you may find the answer you need on the Canvas Community.
- Visit https://community.canvaslms.com/ and log in using your University of Wisconsin credentials.
- CanvasLIVE is a virtual faculty/staff “lounge” where Canvas community members host and/or participate in live events online. Visit https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/CanvasLive/bg-p/canvaslive
- Canvas is updated on a rigorous monthly schedule. To see what’s coming, visit https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/releases You can add the Canvas update schedule to your personal calendar here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1384-what-is-the-canvas-release-schedule-for-beta-production-and-test-environments
Search the kaltura knowledge base (KB)
Have questions about how to use Kaltura, and it is not covered in the UWS DLE KB? Try searching the Kaltura Knowledge Base (KB). https://knoledge.kaltura.com/help
Contact Zoom 24/7 SupporT
UW System Zoom users have access to help directly from Zoom. If you are logged into Zoom, you can contact Zoom via social media, web ticket, chatbot, or telephone by clicking the “Support” button found in right corner of the top navigation bar