The University of Wisconsin Colleges officially closed its 13 two-year campuses in the summer of 2019. At the time of the restructuring, the UW Colleges were renamed Branch Campuses and each institution was aligned with a UW System 4-year university within that region. In the fall of 2019, the University of Wisconsin Extended Campus was named the data custodian of the education records of former students who attended the UW Colleges prior to the fall of 2019.
- The UW Colleges transcript remains the official academic record of these former students.
- UW Extended Campus uses Parchment to process transcript orders.
- Students who attended a closed UW College campus may order official transcripts only (fees are $9.00 per transcript request).
The Transcript ordering process is dependent on your Dates of Attendance at the 2-Year UW College Campus
- Use the “Order your Transcript” link below only if you were enrolled at a 2-year UW College campus BEFORE 9/1/2019.
- If you were enrolled at a Branch Campus AFTER 9/1/2019, you must order a transcript from the university aligned with the Branch Campus (see table below).
|Were you enrolled at a Branch Campuses AFTER September 1, 2019? If yes, use the links below to order your transcripts.|
|For example: If you were enrolled at the UW-Green Bay Sheboygan Branch Campus AFTER 9/1/2019 — use the UW-Green Bay link below to place your transcript order.|
|NOTE: If enrolled at a UW College BEFORE 9/1/2019 AND a Branch Campus AFTER 9/1/2019, you must order transcripts through both processes listed above.|
When placing your online order, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Name (including maiden name), Date of Birth, and Email Address (as you will be contacted if there are problems with your request).
- If you don’t remember your Student ID number, enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) in the student ID field.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to receive a UW college transcript?
Regular processing time is 1-3 business days from the date your completed request is received by the Registrar’s Office. If there is a hold on a student’s record, such as unpaid fees, the official transcript will not be released until the hold or obligation is resolved (see Collection of Outstanding Debt).
- If you were enrolled prior to 2003, please allow up to 7-10 business days for your transcript orders to be processed.
Why are unofficial transcripts not available?
After the UW System restructure, the UW Colleges student information system (PRISM) was no longer accessible to former students. Since access to PRISM was no longer available, the custodian of these records can only provide an official transcript.
- If you would like your own copy of a transcript, you may request to have an official transcript sent to yourself when placing your order. Transcript orders that are issued directly to the student are considered unofficial transcript copies for transferring purposes, but it can be useful to keep for your own personal records.
What information is needed to order a former UW College transcript?
You will need to provide your name (including maiden), date of birth, and email address. Your former UW Colleges student ID number is not required to place an order. If you do not remember your ID number, please enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) in the student ID field (as this information will assist with processing your order). An email address is required, as you will be contacted by email in the event there are problems with your transcript request.
What information is included on a UW College transcript?
An official UW Colleges transcript is a complete record of a student’s enrollment at any of the 14 UW Colleges campuses. Student records that include enrollments at more than one of the UW Colleges campuses are combined on one transcript. The student’s record is confidential and is not released from the UW Colleges without authorization from the student.
What if I need to include an attachment?
If you need to include an attachment with your order, please select the “Add An Attachment” button after you enter the recipient information.
Who is the data custodian of the former UW College student records?
In 2019, the University of Wisconsin Extended Campus was designated to serve as the data custodian of the former UW College 2-year education records.
UW Extended Campus
Office of the Registrar – Suite 130
780 Regent Street
Madison, WI 53715