In the summer of 2019, the University of Wisconsin Colleges officially closed its 13 two-year campuses. At the time of the UW System restructuring, each two-year institution was renamed as a Branch Campuses and aligned with a UW System 4-year university within that region. In the fall of 2019, the University of Wisconsin Extended Campus was named the data custodian of the former UW Colleges education records for all students who attended any of the UW College 2-year campuses prior to the fall of 2019.
- UW Extended Campus partnered with Parchment to process transcript orders.
- The UW Colleges transcript remains the official academic record of these former students.
- Students who attended one of these closed institutions may order official transcripts only at a fee of $9.00 per transcript request.
The Transcript ordering process is dependent on your Dates of Attendance at the 2-Year Campus
- If enrolled at a 2-year UW College campus BEFORE 9/1/2019, use the “Order your Transcript” link below to place your request.
- If enrolled at a UW Branch Campus AFTER 9/1/2019, use the 4-year university link below that is aligned with the Branch Campus you attended.
|Enrolled at a 2-year Branch Campuses AFTER September 1, 2019? If yes, you MUST order a transcript from the 4-year university listed below:|
|For example, if you were enrolled at the UW-Green Bay Sheboygan Branch Campus AFTER 9/1/2019, use the UW-Green Bay link to place your transcript order.|
|Select the university link aligned with your Branch Campus (only for students who were enrolled at a Branch Campus AFTER 9/1/2019):|
|NOTE: If enrolled at both a UW College BEFORE 9/1/2019 AND a Branch Campus AFTER 9/1/2019, you must order transcripts through both processes listed above.|
To place your online order, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Name (including maiden name), Date of Birth, and Email Address (as you will be contacted if there are problems with your request).
- Student ID or the last 4 digits of your SSN are both optional fields, however, either one can be helpful when processing your requests.
If you don’t remember your Student ID number, you may enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number in the student ID field.
- Need Help with your order? Parchment customer service representatives are available Monday-Friday (8 am – 8 pm). Call 1-847-716-3005
- You may also contact the UWEX Office of the Registrar with any questions regarding your UW Colleges student records: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to receive a UW Colleges transcript?
Regular processing time is 1-3 business days from the date your completed request is received by the Registrar’s Office. If there is a hold on a student’s record or any outstanding obligations to the UW Colleges (such as unpaid fees), the official transcript will not be released until the hold or obligation is resolved.
- For enrollments prior to 2003, please allow up to 7-10 business days for your transcript orders to be processed. We are currently digiting archived transcript records, which may cause a delay in the time to fulfill your transcript order. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Why are unofficial transcripts not available?
After the UW System restructure, which involved the dissolution of the UW Colleges and the new Branch Campus each being assigned to one of seven 4-year UW institutions in the region, the UW Colleges student information system (PRISM) was no longer accessible to former students to access their unofficial transcripts. Since access to PRISM is no longer available, the custodian of these records provides an official transcript only.
- Note: If you request to have an official transcript sent to yourself, the order would be issued to the student and is considered an unofficial transcript request. A transcript sent to you may be kept for your own personal records and referenced in the event that you need an unofficial transcript.
What information is needed to order a UW Colleges transcript?
You will need to provide your name (including maiden), date of birth, and email address. While a student ID number is not required, your former UW Colleges student ID number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number can assist with processing an order. An email address is required, as you will be contacted by email in the event there are problems with your transcript request.
What is included on your UW Colleges transcript?
An official UW Colleges transcript is a complete record of a student’s enrollment at any of the 14 UW Colleges campuses. Student records that include enrollments at more than one of the UW Colleges campuses are combined on one transcript. The student’s record is confidential and is not released from the UW Colleges without authorization from the student.
What if I need to include an attachment?
If you need to include an attachment with your order, please select the “Add An Attachment” button after you enter the recipient information.
Who is the data custodian of the UW College student records?
In 2019, the University of Wisconsin Extended Campus was designated to serve as the data custodian of the former UW College 2-year education records.
UW Extended Campus
Office of the Registrar – Suite 130
780 Regent Street
Madison, WI 53715