UW System Board of Regents President John Robert Behling formed a workgroup to explore streamlining the hiring process for System and institutional leadership. The group will also consider options to increase the number of applicants from non-academic backgrounds.
The administrative hiring workgroup is charged with reviewing the current process by which university chancellors, provosts, vice chancellors, and System presidents and vice presidents are hired. As part of the process, the group will review hiring practices in other states and examples of non-academic executive level hires at other universities.
Regent Vice President Drew Petersen will chair the workgroup, which includes:
- Regent Gerald Whitburn, Vice-chair
- Regent Tracey Klein
- Chancellor Bob Meyer, UW-Stout
- Provost Aaron Brower, UW-Extension
- Professor Joe Heim, UW-La Crosse
- Vice Chancellor Rose Smyrski, UW-Platteville
- Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs James Henderson, UW System
- Senior Associate Vice President of Human Resources & Workforce Diversity Shenita Brokenburr, UW System