The Board of Regents and the President of the UW System are responsible for all actions related to academic degree program planning, delivery, approval, and review as codified in Chapter 36 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
The Office of Academic Programs & Faculty Advancement assists the Board of Regents, the UW System President, and the UW universities to maintain and improve the quality of education within the UW System by sustaining sufficient access for students to majors and careers, identifying gaps in systemwide program array, and analyzing the workforce development needs of the state – all in the context of efficient management of systemwide resources.
New Program Authorization
Associate Degree Approval
- Adding a new associate degree.
- Adding a specific major to an existing A.A., A.A.S., or A.S.
Academic Program Planning Policy
- UW System Administrative Policy 102 (SYS 102), Policy on University of Wisconsin System Array Management: Program Planning, Delivery, Review, and Reporting
- UW System Administrative Procedure 102.A, New Academic Degree Programs, Changes to Academic Degree Programs, and Additional SYS 102 Items
- UW System Administrative Policy 102 Guidance
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)
All UW universities have been approved by the State of Wisconsin Distance Learning Authorization Board (DLAB) (Wisconsin Act 208 and Wis. Stats. s. 39.85) to participate in SARA per the DLAB’s approval and oversight. See the Wisconsin DLAB’s website.
Information for online program students:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Information regarding HLC is located here.