The Board of Regents and the President of the UW System are responsible for all actions related to academic degree program planning, delivery, approval, and review as codified in Chapter 36 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
Academic Programs and Educational Innovation assists the Board of Regents, the UW System President, and the UW institutions to maintain and improve the quality of education within the UW System by sustaining sufficient access for students to majors and careers, identifying gaps in systemwide program array, and analyzing the workforce development needs of the state – all in the context of efficient management of systemwide resources.
Academic Degree Program Planning Policy
- UW System Administrative Policy 102 (SYS 102), Policy on University of Wisconsin System Array Management: Program Planning, Delivery, Review, and Reporting (formerly ACIS 1.0)
Board of Regents Program Authorization
- Authorization Narrative (see Authorization Guide above)
- Cost and Revenue Narrative (see Authorization Guide above)
- Provost Letter of Commitment (see Authorization Guide above)
Online Program Planning Form
Use the Online Program Planning Form to request changes to academic degree programs.
- Adding or Eliminating 50% or more Distance Delivery for an Academic Degree Program
- Adding or Eliminating Face-to-Face Delivery for a Distance Delivery Academic Degree Program
- Adding or Eliminating Direct Assessment, Competency-Based Program Delivery
- Adding or Removing a Concentration for an Associate of Arts, or Associate of Science(s), or Associate of Arts and Sciences
- Eliminating an Academic Degree Type
- Eliminating an Academic Degree Program
- Renaming an Academic Degree Program
- Redirecting an Academic Degree Program
- Suspending Admissions to an Academic Degree Program
- Reinstating Admissions to an Academic Degree Program
- Unpublishing or Republishing an Academic Degree Program in MajorMania and/or EApp and/or Intro to UW System
Guidelines for Submission of a Request for Associate Degree Approval
- Adding a new associate degree.
- Adding a specific major to an existing associate degree.