The Board of Regents and the President of the UW System are responsible for all actions related to academic program planning, delivery, approval, and review as codified in Chapter 36 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
Academic Programs and Educational Innovation assists the Board of Regents, the UW System President, and the UW institutions to maintain and improve the quality of education within the UW System by sustaining sufficient access for students to majors and careers, identifying gaps in systemwide program array, and analyzing the workforce development needs of the state – all in the context of efficient management of systemwide resources.
Academic Degree Program Planning Policy
- UW System Administrative Policy 102 (SYS 102), Policy on University of Wisconsin System Array Management: Program Planning, Delivery, Review, and Reporting (formerly ACIS 1.0)
Board of Regents Program Authorization
- Authorization Narrative (see Authorization Guide above)
- Cost and Revenue Narrative (see Authorization Guide above)
- Provost Letter of Commitment (see Authorization Guide above)
Online Program Planning Form
Use the Online Program Planning Form to request changes to academic programs.
- Adding or Eliminating 50% or more Distance Delivery for an Academic Program
- Adding or Eliminating Face-to-Face Delivery for a Distance Delivery Academic Program
- Adding or Eliminating a Degree Type for an Academic Program
- Adding or Eliminating Direct Assessment Competency Based Program Delivery
- Adding or Removing a Concentration for an Associate of Arts, or Associate of Science(s), or Associate of Arts and Sciences
- Eliminating an Academic Program
- Renaming an Academic Program
- Redirecting an Academic Program
- Suspending Admissions to an Academic Program
- Reinstating Admissions to an Academic Program
- Unpublishing or Republishing an Academic Program in MajorMania and/or EApp and/or Intro to UW System
Guidelines for Associate Degree Approval
- Adding a new associate degree.
- Adding a specific major to an existing A.A. or A.S.