The Office of Compliance and Risk Management (OCRM) provides compliance and risk management services and support to UW System and our universities to successfully perform their daily operational and compliance-related activities.
OCRM consists of the Office of Compliance and Integrity and the Office of Risk Management.
Our staff collaborates with and supports UW System stakeholders on a variety of compliance and risk management functions. Our office provides guidance and interpretation of federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Our office fulfills compliance with Board of Regents policies, develops policies and procedures, and provides training sessions and materials, in addition to other compliance and risk management services.
OCRM Living UW System Core Values
OCRM is committed to living out core values in its daily operations, duties, and responsibilities. A few examples of this include the following core values that are reflected in every aspect of OCRM’s duties and functions for the benefit of those it serves.
- Service: An essential aspect of the UW System and the universities that comprise it is to serve the State of Wisconsin and the public good.
- Collaboration and teamwork: We appreciate and understand that our best work is done working together in teams in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Diversity: We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. These principles are key to our long-term success.
- Mutual respect and trust: We support an environment of civility, trust, collegiality, open and honest communication, and mutual respect by building a sense of community and caring among faculty, staff, students, and community partners.
COMMITMENT TO STEWARDSHIP
- Accountability: We are committed to live our core values and deliver excellence every day. As a premier public university system, we are committed to providing an excellent educational experience for our students while ensuring accessibility, affordability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Integrity: We adhere to high standards of ethics and professionalism and safeguard the reputation of our universities and the UW System.
- Innovation: We understand the importance of adapting to changing conditions in the world by being open to new ideas and continuously seeking solutions to challenges.
- Sustainability: We take the long-term view to ensure we are structured and supported to serve the people of Wisconsin for generations to come. We will leave the UW System better than we found it.