Announcement - Decommissioning of OBIEE
For additional information on the decommissioning of OBIEE, visit the Project Readiness page. This will provide an overview of the planned approach as well as what current phase the project is in.
End-user issues and questions are to be reported to the Institution (campus) Support Contact who will provide Level 1 support and communicate with the institution’s users.
Issues not resolved by Institution Support Contact are to be escalated to Customer Support at UWSS Service Operations. The Service Operations Customer Support team will work directly with the Institution’s Support Contact.
Getting Help from Customer Support: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/page.php?id=17960
- Types of topics or issues Institution Support Contact resolves:
- Login problem
- User can login, but cannot access institution’s content
- Questions or issues with institution reports
- Requests for institution’s report enhancements or new reports and dashboards
- Local institution’s data is incorrect (e.g., student data)
Types of issues to escalate to Customer Support at UWSS Service Operations:
- Unable to access shared HRS reports and dashboards
- Shared HRS data are incorrect
- Requests for enhances or new HR reports
- BI training and resources
Support Process Example
|Institution Support Contact||• First point of contact for end users at the institutions regarding any OBIEE issue or question. The Institution Support contact will: o Resolve issue or escalate to Central Support UWSA Help Desk (Service Center AGs) o Communicate resolution, answer, or status to user|
|UWSA Service Center Support team (Affinity Group Support Team)||• Escalation point for Institution Support Contacts
• Only Institution Support Contacts are able to report an issue. If a person not named as on Institution Support contact list, the UWSC AG Support team will direct the customer to their Institution’s support contact
• Issue will be recorded in Cherwell
|HRS/SFS Reporting Team||• Triage any reported HRS related issues with a relevant issue category • Resolve the issue or escalate to appropriate team|
|SSG-ERP-App Sup-BI/Rptg||• Address issues assigned or escalate to another team|
|HRS Security||• Address issues assigned or escalate to another team|
|DRMT||• Address issues assigned or escalate to another team|
|Systems Engineering||• Address issues assigned or escalate to another team|
|Middleware||• Address issues assigned or escalate to another team|
To contact your institution for UWBI support, please refer to the table below for specific information on where to direct your institution’s UWBI questions and support inquiries. If your institution is not listed, contact the UWBI Enterprise Support at email@example.com.
Institution Support Contacts