The UW System Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity, a federal contractor, is responsible for ensuring all UW System policies and procedures are in compliance with federal laws and regulations. Their mission is to guarantee the rights of current employees, prospective employees, and students in accordance with the following policies.
Federal Laws and Regulations
- Executive Order 11246: EEO/AA, as amended
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1975
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended
- Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974 (38 U.S.C. 4212) as amended
- Equal Pay Act
- Title IX
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – Includes facts about employment discrimination, the full texts of all laws enforced by the EEOC, and information on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) of the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment Standards Administration includes information on the requirements of federal contractors.
- Labor Law Poster - English
- Labor Law Poster - Spanish
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Update
The University of Wisconsin is a federal contractor.