Audit Committee Charter
As outlined in the charter as adopted by the Board of Regents, the Audit Committee shall have charge of the oversight of: all audit-related matters, internal and external; compliance with laws and regulations; internal controls; enterprise risk management; and ethics.
Office of Internal Audit Charter
The Office of Internal Audit Charter was approved by the Board of Regents on April 9, 2015 and outlines various key roles and responsibilities of the Office of Internal Audit, and grants authority to the Office to have unrestricted access to all functions, records, property, and personnel relevant to engagements.
The purpose of the Office of Internal Audit is to determine whether the University of Wisconsin System’s risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and implemented by management, are adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Interaction with various governance groups occurs as needed.
- Financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Employee actions are in compliance with University policies and procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and adequately protected.
- Programs, plans, and objectives are achieved.
- Quality and continuous improvement is incorporated into the University of Wisconsin System’s control processes.
- Significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the University of Wisconsin System are recognized and addressed appropriately.
Reporting Waste, Fraud & Abuse
The University of Wisconsin System has selected The Network to provide you with a simple and anonymous way to report activities that may involve misconduct or violations of University policy. You may file a report online or by dialing (855) 827-4950.
Office of Internal Audit
View mission and staff directory.