Records schedules approved for the UW System are listed below. These are arranged in collections of Records Disposition Authorizations (RDAs) for similar records arranged by functional area. These records schedules:
- Provide UW-System institutions with uniform guidelines for the retention and disposition of records common to a business function;
- Ensure that Institutions retain records as long as needed in order to complete the transaction of business on behalf of the UW System, and to meet legal, audit, archival, and other State of Wisconsin and federal requirements;
- Provide Institutions with legal authorization to dispose of records eligible for disposition on a regularly scheduled basis after the minimum retention periods are met. Records may not be disposed of in a shorter period of time; and
- Promote the cost-effective management of records.
Approved Records Schedules
- – Sunset Date Extended to 02/02/24