The Office of Learning & Information Technology Services (OLITS) is dedicated to supporting the use of technology to enhance the teaching and learning mission of the UW System universities. OLITS staff have responsibility for systemwide collaboration and enhancement of six major areas of Information Technology:
- overall systemwide IT planning;
- technology for teaching and learning;
- development of major administrative systems;
- wide area networking issues;
- library automation and collections enhancement; and
- research and development in emerging technologies.
In addition, OLITS develops and supports information technology systems and services that allow UW System Administration staff to effectively and efficiently perform their responsibilities.