The Alliant Energy Erroll B. Davis, Jr. Academic Achievement Award honors the outstanding scholarship and community service of undergraduate students from traditionally under-represented minority groups pursuing a degree in Business or Engineering at UW-Madison and UW-Platteville (institutions within Alliant Energy’s service area). Award recipients are nominated during the fall of the final year, and receive the award upon graduation.
The Awards are given by the UW System Administration and are funded by an endowment contributed by Alliant Energy Foundation in 2006. Alliant Energy established the award to recognize and honor Erroll B. Davis, Jr., former CEP of Alliant Corporation and former Board of Regents member for the University of Wisconsin System.
To be eligible for this award you must be:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student majoring in Business or Engineering (preference will be given to students majoring in Electrical Engineering or Finance) at UW-Madison or UW-Platteville;
- Must receive a degree by May 31 of the same academic year in which you are presented with the award (award recipient must provide proof of graduation);
- A member of the following underrepresented minority groups traditionally underrepresented at those campuses and in the UW System: African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian, Southeast Asian or from a racial or ethnic group traditionally underrepresented in the fields of Engineering or Business;
- A citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien; and
- Recommended by the campus nomination committee.
All applicants are required to submit an application packet to their respective campus representative. Applications forwarded by campus nomination committees are generally due to UW System Administration in March (campus deadlines may be earlier) and awards are presented in October.
For questions regarding the Erroll B. Davis, Jr. Achievement Award please contact Diane Waters, email@example.com.