Wisconsin Now Requires a Photo ID to Vote

A photo identification card issued by a Wisconsin accredited university, college or technical college that contains date of issuance, and signature of student accompanied by a separate document that proves enrollment together are acceptable for voting purposes.

Enrollment Verification: Your UW campus will be able to provide you a student voter enrollment verification with your local campus address. This enrollment verification qualifies as proof of residence, to allow you to register to vote in the district or ward that includes that address. According to the G.A.B., electronic documents are acceptable as proof of residence. You may use your enrollment verification as proof of residence to register to vote before any election as long as that document contains your current name and address.

Photo ID: You will be able to obtain a photo ID acceptable for voting from your UW campus, which may be different than your student ID card.

Obtaining Campus Documents

Enrollment Verification

To receive an enrollment verification document bring your campus ID card or other photo ID card to the Student Affairs Office at your campus. 

Voter ID 

To receive a voter ID should bring your campus ID card or other photo ID card to the Student Services Office at your campus. 

Here is a list of Campus Student Solution Centers.

Find information on UW-Eau Claire's voting information page.

Voter Verification

UW-Eau Claire students can obtain a voter verification document by following instructions on the Registrar's website.

Voter ID

UW-Eau Claire student IDs do not meet the criteria to serve as an acceptable voter ID because they do not have a signature line or an expiration date. UW-Eau Claire students who do not have another acceptable photo ID card may obtain one from the Blugold Card office on the first floor of Davies Center.

Enrollment Verification

At UW-Green Bay, visit the Enrollment Verification and log-in to the Student Information System (SIS). 

Voter ID 

How to obtain a Student Voter ID card is available on the UW-Green Bay student Voter Information page. 

Find information on the UW-La Crosse voting site.

Enrollment Verification

UW-La Crosse students can update their current address in their WINGS Student Center and also print an enrollment form which includes their current local address. The form is located in the lower right corner of the Student Center in the Other Resources area. Look for the WI Voter Verification link. If using a mobile device to view the form, please remember to remove the pop-up blocker in your web browser settings.

Voter ID

Student Voter ID cards are available in the Student ID Card Office, 223 Cartwright.

UW-Madison students can visit UW-Madison Voter Information for information on obtaining an enrollment verification document and/or student voter ID card.

Find information about voting as a UWM student.

Enrollment Verification

UW-Milwaukee’s enrollment verification document is available through PAWS. Students can print this document as needed.

Voter ID 

Students will be able to get voter ID cards from PantherCard Services. 

Enrollment Verification

UW-Oshkosh students can update their current address with a self-serve option on the front page after logging into TitanWeb, where they can also print their UW-Oshkosh voter enrollment verification. 

Voter ID 

UW-Oshkosh student voter ID cards will be issued at Titan Central in Reeve Memorial Union. More information about a Voter ID card.

Information on voting at UW-Parkside can be found at The Election Experience.


UW-Parkside students, who wish to receive a Student Voter Enrollment and Local Address Verification Form, should go to the Registrar’s Office to request a print-out.


Student Voter ID cards are available at the Campus Concierge, Student Center D1 level.

Enrollment Verification

UW-Platteville students can print their enrollment verification form from their student center page in the PASS system. A Print Voter Enrollment link is located under the Personal Information section.

Voter ID 

Students can obtain a Student Identification Card - Voter ID card from the Pioneer Passport office located in the Markee Pioneer Student Center. 

To obtain voter ID, enrollment verification, and other voting information, please visit UWRF's Voter Website and Voter ID Frequently Asked Questions.

Enrollment Verification

Current UWSP students may obtain a Voter Enrollment Verification Letter by logging on to their UWSP account. For complete information and instructions can be found at UWSP Student Affairs.

Voter ID

University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point students can receive a voter ID compliant student ID card in the PointCard Office, in the Dreyfus University Center.

Voter ID

UW-Stout student IDs are available at the Campus Card Office is located at 110 Price Commons. Inquire when you pick up your ID or at the Involvement Center about voter ID requirements.

Students who do not have a Wisconsin driver license, a passport, military ID, or a Wisconsin ID card will need a current student ID (less than 2 years old) and the enrollment verification letter. For more information about acceptable voter IDs, visit Voter Photo ID Law Information.

Enrollment Verification

UW-Superior students can access their E-Hive accounts to update local mailing address information and print a copy of their Statement of Account (bill) for the current session/term. This document will serve as enrollment verification for voting purposes.

Voter ID 

UW-Superior student/voter ID cards may be obtained at the Yellowjacket Union and Information Desk with proof of current enrollment and a picture ID, such as a driver’s license, State ID or passport. 

For more information about acceptable voter IDs, visit Voter Photo ID Law Information.

One stop information on the Warhawks Vote site.

Enrollment Verification

To print your UW-W Voter Enrollment VerificationLog into WINS and present wi5th your UW-Whitewater Voter ID Card.

Voter ID

The UW-W Voter ID Card can be requested at the HawkCard Office in the University Center with a government issued photo ID document/card (ex. State Driver’s License or State ID card or US Passport).


Polling hours 7am-8pm

You may have a local election in your area before the next state wide election. To find out when your next election is, follow the link to select your Voter Category and then search for your name or address. To find out when your next election is, follow the link to select your Voter Category and then search for your name or address.

My Vote

Voter Information Center

Information provided by the Wisconsin Elections Commission.



This information is meant to give UW students the basic information they need to vote in Wisconsin; however, it is not intended to be a comprehensive guide to all voting rules. On July 1, 2016, the new Wisconsin Elections Commission began operations. As information is available, it will be updated on this website to provide accurate information.

For more comprehensive information about voting in Wisconsin, visit the My Vote Wisconsin page, or click on the links throughout this guide to specific guidance on the Wisconsin Election Commission’s website.

If you are a qualified military or overseas voter, please note that different rules may apply to you than as described in this guide. Visit My Vote Wisconsin for more information.