Welcome to UW System Administration. While starting a new job can be stressful, learning about how your computer, your services and other things shouldn’t be difficult. This summary will help orient you to the services UW System Administration uses and offers.
What is my Username and Password?
UW System Administrator employees have two usernames:
- First name and last name (ex: “John Public”)
- Used to access your Windows-based computer, and some network services
- First initial, followed by last name (ex: “jpublic”)
- Used to access many services provided by the UW System.
- Combined with “@uwsa.edu”, used to access your email and calendar (ex: “firstname.lastname@example.org”)
UW System Administration employees have access to many services provided by UW-Madison. Consult the UW-Madison DoIT Help Desk for getting your UW-Madison NetID, which is needed for UW-Madison services such as Lynda.com.
Computers in UWSA offices are configured to access network drives. All information produced for UW System Administration should be saved on your network storage space. Network storage can be accessed by other members of your office team or business unit. In addition, some network information can be accessed by all UWSA employees.
For further information, contact the UWSA Help Desk.
UW System Administration uses Office 365, which provides access to your email, calendar, to-do list and contacts using Microsoft Office on your desktop computer, or the Office 365 website online.
The MyUW Portal contains important information about your payroll, benefits, and contact information. It also where many employees enter and update personal information.
The following important tasks can be performed on the MyUW portal:
- View Benefits Statements
- View and update timesheets
- View pay information and statements
- View and update personnel information
- Setup Web Conferencing
UWSA employees can access the world-wide eduroam wireless network using their UWSA user name and password.